So, I couldn't wait any longer and picked up a black 900 a couple of days ago (Rogers doesn't carry the cyan or white models yet). What I'm wondering is, how would a cyan soft cover look on it? Does anyone have a soft cover that's a different colour than their phone's? If I get the impression it looks ugly, I'll just grab a black soft cover.
    04-27-2012 10:17 PM
    My wife has a cyan phone with the pink silicone cover. Actually looks pretty good.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    Residing and Core2uu like this.
    04-27-2012 10:56 PM
    My wife has a cyan phone with the pink silicone cover. Actually looks pretty good.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    Hmm, I can see how pink on blue wouldn't look too bad but I'm not sure about cyan on black... meh, I'll go ahead and order it. If it somehow looks awful, I can always get the black I suppose.
    04-28-2012 12:12 AM
    A lot of people are getting the black for just that reason. When you cover the Black Lumia with a skin it changes the color and you don't have any color change in the gaps. Some say it looks nicer than covering a Cyan Lumia with a Black gel skin for example.
    Core2uu likes this.
    04-28-2012 06:56 AM
    Yep, looking forward to getting a cyan gel case for my black L900, when I can actually find one. Can switch out between the that and the black gel case currently cuddling my phone.

Would also like to see some different colors like maybe a dark red, bright green, etc. Can make a whole collection. Easy enough to slip on and off. Using the AT&T branded gel skin. Thin and very pliable.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Core2uu likes this.
    04-28-2012 09:02 AM
    A lot of people are getting the black for just that reason. When you cover the Black Lumia with a skin it changes the color and you don't have any color change in the gaps. Some say it looks nicer than covering a Cyan Lumia with a Black gel skin for example.
    Ah, so the soft cover should in practice, cover the entire phone (save buttons and the camera) and essentially make a black 900 look exactly like a cyan 900?

Yep, looking forward to getting a cyan gel case for my black L900, when I can actually find one. Can switch out between the that and the black gel case currently cuddling my phone.

Would also like to see some different colors like maybe a dark red, bright green, etc. Can make a whole collection. Easy enough to slip on and off. Using the AT&T branded gel skin. Thin and very pliable.

I don't know where you live but in Canada, it's available online from GOCELLULAR and EXPANSYS.
    Nokia Soft Cover Sleeve Case Black for Lumia 900 // GOCELLULAR.ca
    Accessories > Cases & Covers Listings (Page 7) - EXPANSYS Canada
    04-28-2012 01:58 PM
    The parts that show through are the speaker grill. The black looks just fine showing through, IMO. Better to my eyes than the blue showing through when you put a black case on a cyan phone.

Core2uu likes this.
    04-28-2012 02:01 PM
    Unless my case (at&t/nokia gel case) just doesn't fit correctly, there is also a thin strip all the way around the screen that shows as well. Therefore, a black case on blue phone will have a blue line around the screen, in addition to the speaker grill and USB plug.
    My opinion, i would prefer a black phone with different colored cases. The strip around the phone will hardly be noticeable, if at all.
    04-28-2012 03:46 PM
    I had the pink cover on my black lumia (before i returned it for the white one) and it looked great. Fit like a second skin, partly due to the screen on the 900 being raised. I got another third party deep red (preferred color) skin and the fit doesn't have the same customize, perfectly-tailored effect, for obvious reasons

04-28-2012 08:59 PM
    Thanks guys, just put in an order for the cyan case.

04-29-2012 07:01 AM
    I don't want to my black one in a case every day but I am planning to get the ATT cyan gel case to use when I travel.
    04-29-2012 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD