As I have mentioned in another thread (regarding restocking fees), I lost my unlimited data plan after switching to the Lumia. The rep that handled the transaction assured me my unlimited data plan had been switched from my iPhone 4S to the Lumia and I found out 4 days later that I had actually been put on the 300 mb plan. Very tricky, AT&T. Anyway, I think this was probably an isolated incident, but it wouldn't hurt to log into your account and double check that your data plan hasn't been changed. I'm pretty P.O.'d because its highly unlikely that I will be able to get it reinstated.
    04-28-2012 01:02 PM
    4 days? You shouldn't have a problem getting it reinstated. Just call 611 and tell the situation. You have 30 days buyers remorse.
    04-28-2012 01:11 PM
    4 days? You shouldn't have a problem getting it reinstated. Just call 611 and tell the situation. You have 30 days buyers remorse.
    I have a ticket in. It just makes me mad that they can drop your plan in like 30 seconds but it takes 3 weeks to get it fixed. Plus, there is no guarantee they will be reinstated. I think there is a high probability that it will be reinstated since there are clear notes on my account from that day saying I wanted to do an equipment change but wanted to keep my same features. How can they make an unauthorized change to your account? Its ridiculous! Anyway, I just wanted to make people aware that this can happen so they don't end up finding out the hard way (ie when you get your bill).
    04-28-2012 01:25 PM
    I usually buy new phones from Amazon and it usually takes a few days to a week to receive my phone. I can't choose to grandfather my plan from Amazon website (they only have current plans available). When my phone comes in, I call ATT and they switch it right back to previous plan. They never took 3 weeks. It's always instantaneous. I'm not sure why yours take so long.
    04-28-2012 01:34 PM
    On the back end, here's what happens:

These companies want you off of these older plans. They allow you to keep what have until you make a plan or service change. That's their 'out' to remove your old plan option. In the overall scheme of things, it makes it easier not having to manage so many legacy codes in the system. That's actually a good thing. When it comes to that which benefits the consumer, well that's a chance we take.

To reinforce this, they remove access to the older codes in the system so when they are removed automatically in the plan/device change, they can't find them. Typically, if even possible, only certain people in the company can access them. I'm basing this off of personal experience as recently, my last position was working in retentions (now called account services) for Sprint. This is a practice at all carriers though. It's how they force the change.
    04-28-2012 02:37 PM
    As I have mentioned in another thread (regarding restocking fees), I lost my unlimited data plan after switching to the Lumia. The rep that handled the transaction assured me my unlimited data plan had been switched from my iPhone 4S to the Lumia and I found out 4 days later that I had actually been put on the 300 mb plan. Very tricky, AT&T. Anyway, I think this was probably an isolated incident, but it wouldn't hurt to log into your account and double check that your data plan hasn't been changed. I'm pretty P.O.'d because its highly unlikely that I will be able to get it reinstated.
    Never had any issue with AT&T they are always helpful. Had unlimited data plan since 2005, and every phone i switched I always contact CS and make sure that I wont lose my Unlimited Data. They switched from Regular 3G Unlimited DATA to LTE Unlimited Data this time around and it was immediately and I didnt have to wait.
    04-28-2012 03:23 PM
    On the back end, here's what happens:

These companies want you off of these older plans. They allow you to keep what have until you make a plan or service change. That's their 'out' to remove your old plan option. In the overall scheme of things, it makes it easier not having to manage so many legacy codes in the system. That's actually a good thing. When it comes to that which benefits the consumer, well that's a chance we take.

To reinforce this, they remove access to the older codes in the system so when they are removed automatically in the plan/device change, they can't find them. Typically, if even possible, only certain people in the company can access them. I'm basing this off of personal experience as recently, my last position was working in retentions (now called account services) for Sprint. This is a practice at all carriers though. It's how they force the change.
    I understand that not everyone has access to those codes. The rep put me on hold to get her manager to complete the transfer of the unlimited data plan to the new phone and then assured me at the end of the call that my unlimited data plan was intact. That is what irks me. I would rather they say up front "starting on such-and-such a date, if you upgrade, you will have to choose one of the new plans". The practice of changing someones plan from unlimited to 300 mb without telling them is dirty.
    04-28-2012 03:35 PM
    att never dissapoints
    04-28-2012 05:32 PM
    Same thing happened to my girlfriend, she had her unlimited back within 3 days. She spoke to the rep and they "prioritized" her ticket to have it reinstated.
    04-28-2012 05:49 PM
    I don't even have to ask the rep. If they see unlimited in my account they move me to an equivalent data plan if needed
    04-28-2012 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD