Used Nokia Lumia on the Golf Course with Executive Caddie app= Dead Battery

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So I used my White Nokia Lumia 900 on the golf course today and used the Executive Caddie App to track distance and score. I couldn't get passed hole 15 before my phone died. Fully Chareged at the Start and didn't last 4 hours. Wow, I never had any on my other Windows Phones die on me 5 hours after any app use. Think this one has to go back!

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Have you used that app before with other WP Devices? I am new to WP but from my Android and iOS experience, a poorly written app can cause havoc with the battery.

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have used the App with Samsung Focus S and did fine with about 50% battery left. Oh and Executive Caddie is going to have a specific Nokia Executive Caddie App in the next 2 weeks so I don't think its the App.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I too use Executie Caddie and I get 9 holes in with minimal battery drainage. Your phone may b looking for GPS signal too often. I always lock my Lumia after I track my distance and am pleases with battery life.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Vertisan

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Official Battery Stats from The Caddie

Here are the exact numbers because we have tested that device specifically.

We charged the Lumia 900 100% and then ran the rangefinder on full blast, high brightness, no bluetooth with the lock screen disabled. The result... 3 hours and 20 minutes. That's basically "fire hose" mode, which is worst case scenario. On the golf course your phone will lock after a few minutes, which means the GPS won't be running 100% of the time (in between shots).

The new version of the app has a power saver theme which uses a black background. The result there was 4.5 hours at full blast "fire hose" mode without locking the screen.

So... the bottom line... The Lumia 900 should EASILY make it through 36 holes of normal play without any issues.

It would be great to hear how you were using the app specifically. I definitely want to make sure there aren't any issues or circumstances we haven't accounted for. Just email support@theCaddie.com and we will take immediate action.

Respectfully,
James Vertisan
Founder & Application Architect
Executive Caddie

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Here are the exact numbers because we have tested that device specifically.

We charged the Lumia 900 100% and then ran the rangefinder on full blast, high brightness, no bluetooth with the lock screen disabled. The result... 3 hours and 20 minutes. That's basically "fire hose" mode, which is worst case scenario. On the golf course your phone will lock after a few minutes, which means the GPS won't be running 100% of the time (in between shots).

The new version of the app has a power saver theme which uses a black background. The result there was 4.5 hours at full blast "fire hose" mode without locking the screen.

So... the bottom line... The Lumia 900 should EASILY make it through 36 holes of normal play without any issues.

It would be great to hear how you were using the app specifically. I definitely want to make sure there aren't any issues or circumstances we haven't accounted for. Just email support@theCaddie.com and we will take immediate action.

Respectfully,
James Vertisan
Founder & Application Architect
Executive Caddie

Talk about service /clap

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree!!! I don't play golf but if I did I'd be getting this app just for the prompt response and the devs concern to help!!!!! :D

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Swapped Phones and seems to be I had a bad battery. Will post my next round and thanks for the clarification and detail on the next version. Can't wait!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs