Is the camera a deal breaker for anyone?

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
...and don't kill me guys with rude comments i am not hating i just paid for 449.00 for a product and i expect it to perform as advertised and this doesn't.
Perfectly understandable, my Vivid had a great camera as well but why the switch to Android and not the Titan II?

PS: Now you will have to change your user name. ;)

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Perfectly understandable, my Vivid had a great camera as well but why the switch to Android and not the Titan II?

PS: Now you will have to change your user name. ;)

Because the One X is two generations ahead of the Lumia and a generation ahead of the Titan II.

BSI is one iteration, ImageSense is the next.

HTC One X photos show off new ImageSense camera technology | Android Community

The ImageSense chip will not only offload the duties from the regular processor to keep the phone and operating system fast and stable. It will leave the camera completely uninterrupted to take quality, impressive photos. This also allows super-fast shooting possible with a 0.7-second shot time and a 0.2-second autofocus.

IMAG0405-220.jpg

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Egads, those pics whoop my Lumias tail. But I don't buy smartphones for cameras. Some people do, and I'm not knocking them for doing it. I'm in it more for the overall experience. I like the WP7 experience so far. If I want a good camera and WP device, I'd go Titan II. Thing is I hate leaving one phone for another only to find out something is worse off than before.

My lumia has a really good radio and battery life. Overall its solid to me. THe camera is lacking yeah, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I should email Nokia and ask them why they are advertising a great camera when it is anything but great. Smh. I'm sticking it out though until the WP8 devices drop.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Because the One X is two generations ahead of the Lumia and a generation ahead of the Titan II.
Thanks, so you switched OS just for the camera?That's quite interesting and not something I would do. :)

To each their own and certainly the pictures are gorgeous.

Good luck with Android.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, so you switched OS just for the camera?That's quite interesting and not something I would do. :)

Good luck with Android.

Nah, I'm pretty platform-agnostic. The Lumia's cute, but it's not a contendor.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Good luck with Android.
He's never had a WP. Just someone with entirely too much time to post on a forum about a phone OS he's never owned...

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
He's never had a WP. Just someone with entirely too much time to post on a forum about a phone OS he's never owned...

Nah, I owned a Trophy for a while a bit over a year ago. Switched to a Thunderbolt for a while, iPhone 4 for a while, currently use a Rezound and occasionally the iphone. I borrowed a Lumia from a friend for a day, was enough for me to get a sense of the hardware. 'cause the software sure hasn't changed any!

Edit: I thought the Lumia was the next phone for me when it comes out on VZW, but, as the prompt asks, yes, the camera is a dealbreaker.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I just noticed he replied to the post I made to nokia4life, yep too much time. Lol

i am not married to any OS i go for better performer and from what i have seen after playing with it in person now waiting for it to be shipped to me it was no second guessing. i like wp, and ios and android a close third but i am deciding to give it a try i am not married to any system they hall have their flaws the one x will do what i need none of the windows phones cameras come close i am not going to explain it all over again as to why have issues with the lumia 900 its plenty out there. I plan on coming back to nokia when they put out a better product in the US which I hope is in Oct other wise there will be plenty to choose from. And another thing is am so sick of folks saying i new what i was getting when i got the phone, well i didn't i was at Mobile World Congress and Nokia said this would be the best camera phone out there now its here and it sucks and that is very true you can talk yourself into beleving it doesn't thats you, but not me. I paid 449.00 and it doesn't perform ot my standard since i own it i determine that not anyone else. as i asked before don't hate on me because i choose to go with something that was better again i plan on coming back just in 7 months and i will give them another chance. and no i am not changing my name because the only wp8 or going forward version of windows i own will be a nokia, now ios and android that will differ of course but they are not windows platforms peace..

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Nobody mention anything else about the dudes decision to get the One x. Its a good phone and does what HE needs it to do. He wants a good cam, better than the lumia. He didn't sell his Lumia. I'm sure if he really wants the windows experience then he can dual fist both phones or swap out. Its new and shiny and takes great pics. Let him be. Although the Titan 2 takes better pics too.....just saying lol.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
i am not married to any OS i go for better performer and from what i have seen after playing with it in person now waiting for it to be shipped to me it was no second guessing. i like wp, and ios and android a close third but i am deciding to give it a try i am not married to any system they hall have their flaws the one x will do what i need none of the windows phones cameras come close i am not going to explain it all over again as to why have issues with the lumia 900 its plenty out there. I plan on coming back to nokia when they put out a better product in the US which I hope is in Oct other wise there will be plenty to choose from. And another thing is am so sick of folks saying i new what i was getting when i got the phone, well i didn't i was at Mobile World Congress and Nokia said this would be the best camera phone out there now its here and it sucks and that is very true you can talk yourself into beleving it doesn't thats you, but not me. I paid 449.00 and it doesn't perform ot my standard since i own it i determine that not anyone else. as i asked before don't hate on me because i choose to go with something that was better again i plan on coming back just in 7 months and i will give them another chance. and no i am not changing my name because the only wp8 or going forward version of windows i own will be a nokia, now ios and android that will differ of course but they are not windows platforms peace..

You absolutely have the right to decide your own expectations, and if a product doesn't meet your expectations you absolutely should find one that does. I personally hope the One X does it for you!

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nobody mention anything else about the dudes decision to get the One x. Its a good phone and does what HE needs it to do. He wants a good cam, better than the lumia. He didn't sell his Lumia. I'm sure if he really wants the windows experience then he can dual fist both phones or swap out. Its new and shiny and takes great pics. Let him be. Although the Titan 2 takes better pics too.....just saying lol.

nope not selling the lumia 900 it will be with me period i love the zune music and its paid for a year so no way am i parting with it just using the one x as the main phone and social device i am prying nokia puts something out in oct that kills this i can dream hope it comes true.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have this with their camera, I haven't noticed it in all my photos but I took a bunch today and they all have this pinkish hue in the center. So I went and took pics of my dinning room table cuz its flat and all the same color and its noticeably there. I took a couple more and its there too.

WP_000122.jpg

WP_000131.jpg

WP_000132.jpg

Just to update this I took more pics and there pink hue isn't there, it seems like its mainly happening in certaining living in my house, odd.

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
nope not selling the lumia 900 it will be with me period i love the zune music and its paid for a year so no way am i parting with it just using the one x as the main phone and social device i am prying nokia puts something out in oct that kills this i can dream hope it comes true.
how do you happen to utilize both and keep up with all your photos, music, documents, etc? Google+? Some type of drop box?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
how do you happen to utilize both and keep up with all your photos, music, documents, etc? Google+? Some type of drop box?

The lumia will be my music device unless i decide to put the sim back in and use it as my phone i paid the full year for zune services and i plan on using google doesn't have a streaming services so they can't touch zune if you ask me. anyway i plan on using drop box and still skydrive the htc one x allows me transfer photos to my laptop via bluetooth from there they will go into my skydrive as all of my photos have been doing this since iphone i didn't use icloud i just took the pictures off and moved them to skydrive folder. i also have drop box as a back up. Again my lumia will be my music device and the htc one x will be my phone, camera (for in the moment shots of my girls) and i already have all the apps i need from my previous go around heck i have apps on all platforms so i am vested in all 4 (bb, ios,wp, and android)... hope this answers.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got the HTC One X and while the camera is tons better than the Lumia 900. I just can't get over how unpolished the UI is (in my opinion) to the Lumia 900. I will be returning the Lumia 900 and save my second line upgrade for a future Lumia WP8 phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo