Is the camera a deal breaker for anyone?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Funny how two views on an OS can differ. I honestly thought the One X was pretty good in comparison to previous sense UI before. The camera is tops though. In the store it was such a breeze taking snap after snap. I just am not into the android or iOS way of doing things anymore.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I went to a baby shower yesterday, didn't want to take any pictures with Lumia since I knew that all the p&s and iPhones around would be taking much better pictures. I eventually broke down and took a couple of pictures. So guess what, from all the pictures everyone took, she chose about 5 and one was mine. She even said some nice things about it.

So, since we all know that the Lumia camera is not the best,I am chalking it up to the photographer's credit and feeling pretty good about it. :D

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I went to a baby shower yesterday, didn't want to take any pictures with Lumia since I knew that all the p&s and iPhones around would be taking much better pictures. I eventually broke down and took a couple of pictures. So guess what, from all the pictures everyone took, she chose about 5 and one was mine. She even said some nice things about it.

So, since we all know that the Lumia camera is not the best,I am chalking it up to the photographer's credit and feeling pretty good about it. :D
Glad that you eventually snapped a few pics. Sometimes its the photographer and not the camera. How was the lighting?

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Glad that you eventually snapped a few pics. Sometimes its the photographer and not the camera. How was the lighting?

Thanks, I am glad I took a couple of shots as well. I would say the lighting was a combination of incandescent lights and muted daylight (storming outside)

Question for you, where is the quote option in Board Express, I can't find it.

Thanks

Last edited:

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got the HTC One X and while the camera is tons better than the Lumia 900. I just can't get over how unpolished the UI is (in my opinion) to the Lumia 900. I will be returning the Lumia 900 and save my second line upgrade for a future Lumia WP8 phone.

WP8 will be better than what we have now and I really think WP OS is better than android it just Need more love from Nokia and the others to put out really great phones good is not going to get it the bar had been set high I plan on being back on WP with the next Nokia for WP8 can't wait but I will enjoy the one x until that happens and I still show my lumia love I paid a years service for Zune so will still have this phone with me for music streaming.

vampireszombies

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so this is entirely weird but the camera just got better all of a sudden.
If you look at my last post a page back at my horrible pictures and look at these new ones I just took in my low lit bedroom and outside (cloudy). I left my settings alone but set flash off and the CONTRAST to LOW. This made a big difference in my dim lit area. Check out the pics, and mess with your settings a bit to see if it improves, also remove the sticker over the chrome area/camera.
It's still not fantastic or upto par with the iPhone but it improved a lot more than last time!
Im reconsidering taking it back now, I'll give it some more tests this weekend. ;)

vampireszombies

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Now, an update since last time.
The camera still holds up most of the time...

Here's a pic I took of my bed in my room, not taken fast or anything and held still.
The camera totally glitched out or something.
This only happened once so far, but I'm starting to wonder about the overall quality and if it will hold up over time.:dry

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
WP8 will be better than what we have now and I really think WP OS is better than android it just Need more love from Nokia and the others to put out really great phones good is not going to get it the bar had been set high I plan on being back on WP with the next Nokia for WP8 can't wait but I will enjoy the one x until that happens and I still show my lumia love I paid a years service for Zune so will still have this phone with me for music streaming.

haha sorry I meant I was planning to return my HTC One X not the Lumia 900. I can't get over the UI of android. I love Nokia's Lumia 900 build quality and the OS is good, but it'll be great like you said when WP8 is here.

dyne2199

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The camera is more than acceptable for my tastes. I came from an iPhone 3Gs, followed by an HTC Inspire 4G, and now my Lumia 900, and I've been very satisfied with the Lumia 900's camera stills and camcorder performance. I'm not a photographer by any means, but for what I need it for, it certainly fits the bill.

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The camera is more than acceptable for my tastes. I came from an iPhone 3Gs, followed by an HTC Inspire 4G, and now my Lumia 900, and I've been very satisfied with the Lumia 900's camera stills and camcorder performance. I'm not a photographer by any means, but for what I need it for, it certainly fits the bill.

Well if you are coming from the 3GS, inspire 4G...I guess it's all relative since those cameras are not up to the current standards.

The S2, iphone 4s, various mid 2011 htc android phones starting with the mytouch 4 G slide, one x are the current favorites for camera phones.

In bright light the Nokia lumia 900 functions well. But as others have stated. It struggles in low light.

It is what it is. If you don't like it, and if it's a deal breaker than return it.

It was a deal breaker for me at full retail price $477 (taxes included). I returned it.

Than out of the blue. I found an almost new Nokia lumia 900 on Craigslist for $275. So at $275 it wasn't a deal breaker for me to rebuy it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss