AT&T will not replace my device

carmello2045

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I got the 900 on 4/6. I had the data issue, ran the update still didn't work. Got it replaced. A few days later, 2nd replacement had data issue and got that replaced. 3rd replacement, worked fine for 4 days then on wifi - could not get to any webpages; network works just fine. A master reset fixed this. Now, I cannot be in an app (Amazing Weather, any games, or news related apps) for more than 1 minute before BING pops up for no reason or voice control pops on and won't let me out of the program without rebooting the phone.

I went to an AT&T store yesterday and they REFUSED to replace the phone a 4th time stating that the problem was not happening at that moment and it costs them $450 every time the phone is replaced. I stated I could give a damn about what it costs them as it is costing me time to keep dealing with this.

Any ideas on what to do next short of cancelling service with them?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You can try my capacitive button fix. And by chance are your hands sweating acid 4 phones in a month? Bad batch from same factory? That is interesting.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had one issue that didn't effect my performance. Top right corner had a clicking noise. For the capacitive buttons, I have noticed they are harder to press and you have to hit them just right.

The L900 is the best phone i have ever owned.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you went into the store or called support, but perhaps call again? Not sure if they can deny you a warranty exchange if your phone is defective and you show them that it is defective.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
same here dude, 3 times replaced the phone, still issues, they refuse to exhange, so I close my account with them and ATT can go to **** and nokia can go with them

Last edited:

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
What is your button fix?

Well I think its hardware, as do many people here. I put it in the software bug list because I thought it was software but...do this at your own risk...

Push on each button, somewhat hard, you will hear a click. Haven't had any other issues...but do this at your own risk. I didn't want to turn my phone in and get another as I just set up everything to look like my out going Focus.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The store may not do it but have you called AT&T customer support? They should cover you and the phone for a year. Try calling. I asked my store reps and they said AT&T should send you a new phone, then you ship your bad one back to them. I've replaced mine twice. Two cyans and both had some sort of radio issues. I got a third one (white) and it's perfect. Display, radios, buttons everything. All is good. They told me the next time I'd probably have to go through the company to get it replaced though (assuming I had another problem).
-joe-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss