Start screen is paused after 35 Seconds

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Last week I wrote about why the Windows Phone isn't as popular as it should be and I had very exciting results. I work with every windows phone so I'm pretty smart with them.

I just got my new Lumia 900 (cyan, in case you wanted to know, and I waited and got it for $380 with zagg screen protector, microsoft 2 yr warranty, inscipo case, and the new lumia). I have the receipt as it was from a Microsoft Store.

Let me cut to the chase. Whenever I go to the start screen on my lumia 900, after 35 seconds or so, it pauses. I'm not sure why this is. For example, my group pictures stop flipping, Weather dosen't show me the radar, etc.

I actually don't like this. Whether it was used to conserve energy or if it is a bug, I hate it. I thought we had tiles for this. C'mon Nokia.

INTERESTING SIDE NOTE: Why isn't Nokia required to write "Windows Phone" on the back?

Neofire

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This actually occurs on all windows phones after 20 seconds the live tile animations will stop. I'm sure it was a move to conserve battery power. Its a strange thing, that many dont notice because they scroll glance, and go. But dont let it bother you to much, just keep your live tiles in motion and the animations will continue.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep. As soon as you touch the screen anywhere the tiles will start flipping again.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos