Got rid of my Lumia and got a Titan II.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the Titan II, it is a good alternative to the Lumia. Its actually the best windows phone on the market. @rocky just trade in for the titan II, it is a windows phone as well.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
@cckgz4 it isn't horrible. It can get through a day just fine. Depending how you use it. The lumia had awesome battery life that rivals the iPhone and any blackberry OS 4 devices. (old school). The titan still fares much better than most android devices, and gets me through most of the day.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Most of the Lumia 900 issues have been isolated and are know issues that are apparently being worked. And one of the reasons your store rep might not see many Titan II phones having issues is because they aren't selling as much. Just a thought. I've returned my first black 900 for a white one and had one issue that was fixed when I returned it. Nokia is really trying to make all the wrong right here. I mean, they pushed a fix within the first few weeks of release. There's no telling how it will be in 6 months.

While HTC has plenty of other non win7 phones to deal with. They didn't put up much on the HTC titan end. They are working their One lineup and will stick to it. I had a previous top HTC phone (Rezound, my opinion) and they will be getting some ICS love in the coming weeks while Samsung users are already on like 4.0.4. Yeah, HTC has vowed to work on less phones in the future to make the upcoming phones more quality showings. And i applaud them on that. But i just don't feel that they will back the Titan II like Nokia will support the Lumias. I like HTC. Was a member of their fan club and whatnot. But I don't see them very interested in keeping the Titan II on their top priroties. Askthe Titan I owners with their previously untouched issues.

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My only issue with the cap buttons on my 900 is that their backlight goes out about five seconds after each press. Utterly retarded, IMHO... it takes multiple finger stabs to find them in the dark. But also utterly the world's easiest thing to fix in the next software update, so I haven't lost hope yet.

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Id rather risk all of these lumia 900 issues than re-up on another android.

Umm the Titan 2 is a windows phone. It was released the same au as the Lumia 900. The Titan happens to be the highest specked and benchmarked window's phone on the market. It also has a 16mp camera that destroys the Lumia"s.

..Gromet

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
My only issue with the cap buttons on my 900 is that their backlight goes out about five seconds after each press. Utterly retarded, IMHO... it takes multiple finger stabs to find them in the dark. But also utterly the world's easiest thing to fix in the next software update, so I haven't lost hope yet.
I agree. I actually called the store up to verify that's how it should be.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping for quick, and complete fixes for the problems with the 900, because we really, really need the 900 to be a hit. I mean every Windows Phone enthusiast does. Nokia is the partner which will lead the way worldwide for WP, and consumers need to know when WP 8 comes out that they can trust MS and their partners to put out great, well supported device they will enjoy for 2+ years. If WP has a future, Nokia has to lead the way with the 900 right now. There are plenty of feature phone users who will to move into Smartphones, plenty of low end Android users that disliked their experience, and all kinds of BlackBerry users that are ready to bail. I so want good press from the 900 on top of the great press for the 800 and 710 to build on.

As for the Titan 2, most of what I have heard is great. It seems most of the hitches involved with the Titan 1 have been solved, and the T2 is a serious contender for "best ever" WP. (I still vote my Focus S, even without LTE. But, I am admittedly biased.) So, I wonder, where are the fixes for the audio problems and other quirks still bothering the original Titan owners? I really respect HTC as a company and as an early supporter of WP. I am very much open to buying a WP8 flavor HTC this winter. But I need to see some support.

Have I mentioned my opinion about how bad we need the 900 to be a hit?

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
@Snowmutt: I truly believe that many of the "issues" posted on the forums are mostly just nitpicking.

Most people out there are just really happy with their Lumia 900, the excelent reviews on Amazon.com and the near-legendary costumer satisfaction with almost all Windows Phones are proof of that.

As long as the Lumia 900 keeps selling like it is, it will indeed become the hero device WP so desperately needs.

Just don't forget to sell it to your friends and family. Windows Phone needs *your* help in getting the marketshare it deserves.

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
@Snowmutt: I truly believe that many of the "issues" posted on the forums are mostly just nitpicking.

Most people out there are just really happy with their Lumia 900, the excelent reviews on Amazon.com and the near-legendary costumer satisfaction with almost all Windows Phones are proof of that.

As long as the Lumia 900 keeps selling like it is, it will indeed become the hero device WP so desperately needs.

Just don't forget to sell it to your friends and family. Windows Phone needs *your* help in getting the marketshare it deserves.

Just nitpicking? Are you serious? Purple screens and capacitive buttons that don't work to the point of having to hard reset to get out of an app. That's not nitpicking that's defective. Defective and widespread issues like this are a problem. The Lumia 900 was obviously rushed to market. The quality control wherever they are being manufactured is non-existent.

Nokia knows their are issues with the phone. Investors know their are issues. They are being sued over the lumia 900 launch. Nokia has issues. As a company and with their product.

My Titan 2 has been rock solid since I switched.

..Gromet

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just nitpicking? Are you serious? Purple screens and capacitive buttons that don't work to the point of having to hard reset to get out of an app. That's not nitpicking that's defective. Defective and widespread issues like this are a problem. The Lumia 900 was obviously rushed to market. The quality control wherever they are being manufactured is non-existent.

Nokia knows their are issues with the phone. Investors know their are issues. They are being sued over the lumia 900 launch. Nokia has issues. As a company and with their product.

My Titan 2 has been rock solid since I switched.

..Gromet

Nokia are being sued for allegedly misleading on the overall direction of the company, not the Lumia 900 launch. Get your facts straight. What company doesn't have any issues?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Seriously dude? You're going talk smack about HTC or the Titan 2 with all the issues the Lumia is having right now? You would really recommended the Lumia to anyone?

Nokia and AT&T have really screwed up with their new "hero" phone. Purple screen, non responsive buttons, clicking screens, connectivity issues,etc...

The Titan 2 has a faster processor, faster benchmarks, better sound, more features, a far better camera, the buttons work, the scroll does not lag, the colors of the screen are correct and natural unlike the Lumia's over saturated colors.

Call quality and reception has been outstanding.

The Lumia looks like a plastic rectangle, what is so beautiful or revolutionary about that? I personally like the look and feel of the Titan 2 a lot

The Nokia Lumia 900 is a disaster at this point. Its going down faster than the Titanic. So yeah dude the Titan 2 is by FAR the better device.

..Gromet

LOL.. You're trying way too hard. My Lumia 900 ha been perfect, no problems. Sinking like the Titanic huh? Nokia will sell more Lumias on a month than HTC will sell Titans all year. When problems inevitably arise on the Titan II as they do on any phone, we will see how responsive HTC is about solving them. Hopefully for your sake their past track record doesn't continue. My money is on the company that is 100% committed to Windows Phone vs the companies that sell Android re-treads with a Windows logo slapped on them who could care less if it succeeds.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
My Lumia has been perfect as well. I never had any intention of getting the Titan 2, if the Lumia didn't work out I would go back to Android.

I do have to say that when ICS came, HTC were the first to roll it out to the their devices, at least they did to the Vivid. They also made it possible to unlock the bootloader, so maybe they are changing.

One thing for sure they don't know how to do battery management. My Vivid's battery barely made 10 whereas comparable Motorola and Samsungs went 12-14 and juice to spare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb