Slacker Radio is crap.

neilgehrke

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
This app completely freezes my phone. THe music will stop, I'll try to unlock the phone and nothing. I have to wait about a minute for it to come back. The only reason I tried Slacker was because radio controlled and metro radio were broken recently. I'm disliking this phone more and more. I may just return it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This app completely freezes my phone. THe music will stop, I'll try to unlock the phone and nothing. I have to wait about a minute for it to come back. The only reason I tried Slacker was because radio controlled and metro radio were broken recently. I'm disliking this phone more and more. I may just return it.
I have yet to try Slacker Radio. I've downloaded on other platforms, but never listened. Have you tried iHeartradio? Not as good as Pandora and/or Slacker (when it works), but I love it.... listening to it right now.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
SlackerRadio used to work for me before, but recently I've also had problems. I looked for alternatives and my list currently includes: TuneIn Radio, Last.fm, Soundtracker. Haven't decided yet which I like the most.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
MetroRadio Pro. Whatever service you think provides the best music, this app is the best because it lets you:

Pin stations to start
Pause from lockscreen
Skip from lockscreen

It seems like every other radio app omits one of these three things.

neilgehrke

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
MetroRadio Pro.

Yah except whenever Pandora decides to change something. That's the whole reason I tried Slacker. Metro Radio and Radio Controlled are currently broken, and no update in sight. Pandora on my iPhone is solid, I have yet to find an equivalent on this wPhone.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Ever since they make these Pandora changes, I have since started to listen to iHeartRadio and I find it to be just as good.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
iHeart gets my vote not so much for listening to radio stations but the "create stations" feature is pretty awesome. I think it's pretty much on Par with Pandora and Slacker.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
MetroRadio Pro.

Yah except whenever Pandora decides to change something. That's the whole reason I tried Slacker. Metro Radio and Radio Controlled are currently broken, and no update in sight. Pandora on my iPhone is solid, I have yet to find an equivalent on this wPhone.

The developers of those two apps are very adamant about updating whenever Pandora makes a change. Cut them some slack.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
slacker is one the slowest apps when I had it on my HD7. I love metro radio. Last FM is pretty good as well. Plus you can use it on your xbox if you wanted too for free. (with xbox live gold of course)

The only reason why I like pandora is because I have all my stations on it. Now i use only Metro Radio (I wish pandora would quit changing their API) , iHeart and last.fm , I agree, slacker is crap (slow and buggy)

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I use slacker all the time. It works pretty good for me. Once in a while it stalls but I restart it and all I good

Sent from my Htc Titan using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
With Smart DJ and my Zune Subscription, I don't feel the need for other services like Rhapsody or Spotify. The only thing they enhance is the social experience by tweeting/posting what you're listening to.

But that's just my opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion