Has anyone ever noticed...

fuunkychicken

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That if you have your text message tone set to "Nokia Email" and you receive a text while listening to music or playing a game, that the bass of whatever you're listening to will increase and stay that way until you pause or stop the music?

I noticed this while watching youtube videos, playing games with music in the bg, and listening to music in general.

This only seems to occur while using the speaker on the phone and not the headphones. As far as I know, it only happens when your message tone is set to "nokia email". I tried this on my GF's Lumia and hers doesn't do it...but she has her txt tone set to something else.

This happened with my black Lumia as well (I have a white one now).

Any feedback as to how or why this might happen? I actually like the speaker output after receiving text messages...that little speaker can have quite a bit of bass lol.

fuunkychicken

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That if you have your text message tone set to "Nokia Email" and you receive a text while listening to music or playing a game, that the bass of whatever you're listening to will increase and stay that way until you pause or stop the music?

I noticed this while watching youtube videos, playing games with music in the bg, and listening to music in general.

This only seems to occur while using the speaker on the phone and not the headphones. As far as I know, it only happens when your message tone is set to "nokia email". I tried this on my GF's Lumia and hers doesn't do it...but she has her txt tone set to something else.

This happened with my black Lumia as well (I have a white one now).

Any feedback as to how or why this might happen? I actually like the speaker output after receiving text messages...that little speaker can have quite a bit of bass lol.
Figured out exactly how to duplicate what I'm talking about.

Set text message sound to "Nokia Email"

Play a song, any song on your Lumia 900 through its speaker.

Go to the start screen on your phone, then lock it.

Send text message to your Lumia. When it receives the message Immediately unlock your phone and wait a millisecond. Do you hear the massive increase in bass? It stays like this until you stop the song. Then if you replay your music, it sounds puny again...how do you keep this awesome bass our phone is capable of???

[EDIT: this seems to be the case with any text message tone, not just Nokia Email]

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss