GPS Problems or noob user?

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Every time I open up Maps or Nokia Maps or even Nokia Drive it thinks I am in Akron Ohio or Atlanta Georgia. I am in Southern/Central Michigan. I push the find me button(why isnt it labeled with text?) and it takes to be Akron or Atlanta...unless I am moving down the road.

What can I do to get this damn phone to know where I am when just sitting on the couch. This is a real deal breaker and could make be switch back to iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue also. I am sitting at work and the phone is finding me in New Jersey, yet I am in Northwest CT and it just will not find my location. If I walk outside then it finally finds me.

I don't know what the problem is but its quite annoying because it seems to do this quite often. I never had this issue with my iPhone 4S. I do have location turned on.

ji37

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I also had gps problems similar to this when I first bought the phone. I contacted Nokia, and they asked me to reset the phone. All was fine after that. Go Settings->About->Reset your phone. You'll have to reinstall your apps and make sure you backup any personal data first.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I also had gps problems similar to this when I first bought the phone. I contacted Nokia, and they asked me to reset the phone. All was fine after that. Go Settings->About->Reset your phone. You'll have to reinstall your apps and make sure you backup any personal data first.
I will say that lately the GPS has been fine and I haven't noticed this issue yet this week.
Before this week it was happening every day, especially with my weather apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo