Every time I open up Maps or Nokia Maps or even Nokia Drive it thinks I am in Akron Ohio or Atlanta Georgia. I am in Southern/Central Michigan. I push the find me button(why isnt it labeled with text?) and it takes to be Akron or Atlanta...unless I am moving down the road.

What can I do to get this damn phone to know where I am when just sitting on the couch. This is a real deal breaker and could make be switch back to iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-03-2012 06:39 AM
    Location turned on?
    05-03-2012 07:25 AM
    I had this issue also. I am sitting at work and the phone is finding me in New Jersey, yet I am in Northwest CT and it just will not find my location. If I walk outside then it finally finds me.

I don't know what the problem is but its quite annoying because it seems to do this quite often. I never had this issue with my iPhone 4S. I do have location turned on.
    05-03-2012 08:04 AM
    I also had gps problems similar to this when I first bought the phone. I contacted Nokia, and they asked me to reset the phone. All was fine after that. Go Settings->About->Reset your phone. You'll have to reinstall your apps and make sure you backup any personal data first.
    05-03-2012 08:09 AM
    I also had gps problems similar to this when I first bought the phone. I contacted Nokia, and they asked me to reset the phone. All was fine after that. Go Settings->About->Reset your phone. You'll have to reinstall your apps and make sure you backup any personal data first.
    I will say that lately the GPS has been fine and I haven't noticed this issue yet this week.
    Before this week it was happening every day, especially with my weather apps.
    05-03-2012 08:24 AM
    Starting to feel more like a beta tester myself. Some of these issues just shouldnt be happening. Really hoping Windows 8 is off dat chain.
    05-03-2012 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD