Apparently the camera not waking up the phone isn't a bug

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So I just got done talking to Nokia Support, and when I questioned them about the camera button not waking up the phone they told me that it will not work within 5 seconds of putting the phone to sleep, but after that, it will.

I tested this multiple times. Put the phone to sleep, wait 5 seconds, hold the camera button, bam, it woke the device up every single time. Go ahead, try it guys. See if you get the same results.

Also, it's not my Lumia and I wasn't able to test if this is the case with the unresponsive volume buttons. Can someone play music, lock the screen, wait 5 seconds, then adjust the volume?

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The camera button on my Lumia activates the camera almost right after I put my device to sleep. I don't need to wait 5 seconds. This works each and every time.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Never had issue with waking cam after putting sleep right away..I just did it right now after as a matter of fact...

ji37

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I can never wake my 900 with the camera button. I always have to tap the power button, and once the screen lights up, I can hold the camera button down and then the camera app loads.

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Camera will also NOT wake if the phone is connected to USB... after 5 seconds of disconnectio nit should work.

If not a reboot usually fixes the problem.

Previous phone Samsung focus WOULD wake camera even if connected to USB!

BUG? I think so!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My camera button works whenever it WANTS to... it doesn't matter when I push it, or when I locked it... it's just tempermental! Again, it works whenever it decides to.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
No joy here, phone can be asleep an hour and camera button won't wake it... unless power button is pressed first.

So... bug. Sorry!
My phone's been off for a few minutes now. No joy either. Button just won't turn it on.

This is a bug for many of us, I have a lot of Windows Phone and something ain't right here.

Personally I believe it has to do with a power-profile and a setting (deep in the drivers, not the OS).

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine also intermittent. 5 sec wait no help. Always starts camera from lock screen though..

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the cyan before and the camera woke up the phone and turned on right away every time. but after 3 weeks or so, the camera stopped waking up and I had to turn on the screen in order to get the camera to work. Now I have a white lumia and the camera just never turns on when the phone is asleep..so :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99