nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It just sucks :/ for those who are loving the camera, any particular settings I should have set?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm lovin it. Although, admittedly I have to work the settings to get a good shot. There doesn't seem to be one single setting for all shots.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Settings for indoor shots? I always get noise in the background

I think you'll get better results with close up shots indoors. There's also night mode in scenes. Like i said, there isn't one setting. You gotta play and experiment, until you figure out how the camera behaves in certain situations.

Check out my signature for pics.

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll get better results with close up shots indoors. There's also night mode in scenes. Like i said, there isn't one setting. You gotta play and experiment, until you figure out how the camera behaves in certain situations.

Check out my signature for pics.

thanks..checked out ur pics..they're pretty good. I took a pic recently of the cheesecakes at cheesecake factory too..yours looks way better!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
thanks..checked out ur pics..they're pretty good. I took a pic recently of the cheesecakes at cheesecake factory too..yours looks way better!

For my cheescake pic, I remember using high contrast and high saturation. I find that high contrast generally removes the washed out effect.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
It just sucks :/ for those who are loving the camera, any particular settings I should have set?

Just posted this in the pictures thread, Yeah it sucks :rolleyes:

temporary-69.jpg

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I think the camera is just fine. Here's a snap I took over the weekend. Very sharp, great color contrast. It was outside with the default settings.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As someone who doesn't use it as a primary camera and coming from a launch Focus, the L900 camera is indeed quite a bit better, although it does need tweaking indoors in low light. For hardcore pics I do still use a dedicated DSLR, but I'm more than happy to take pics outdoors with the defaults. Indoors I am usually not so rushed as to not be able to tweak settings. Again, the camera for me isn't a deal-breaker as it is with others, and the things I do use most this thing wipes the floor with the Focus for (outdoor screen performance, battery life, speakerphone volume - yes, I do actually need it quite loud!).

chloemurphy

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It makes a huge difference if you just slam your finger on the button and take a shot versus holding the camera button for the half second to let it focus. You can also tap on the screen to focus and it will automatically take the photo for you. Keep in mind also that a steady hand is helpful and watch out for a dirty lens (I somehow manage to get fingerprints on my lens all the time).

Personally, I have absolutely no problems with the camera. I've taken some awesome pictures and invested 99 cents for Thumba so I can tweak my photos after the shot if it doesn't turn out exactly how I like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon