Photos Wiped Themselves From The Phone?

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Odd thing happened today - went to show a co-worker photos on my Lumia and they were all gone. Thought that was wierd so I rebooted. Still not there.

Now, I looked at home and they all synched and are safe - but how the heck did they get deleted or moved?

Ideas? I'm not exactly a newbie at this and own a Nexus, iPhone and Lumia - so I'm sitting here scratching my head what the heck I could have done.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Were they put through a photo editing program? Check Saved Pictures album? Did you load them to the phone or were they taken with the phone's camera? Tried Pictures hub -> Albums instead of Camera Roll?

Just spitballing here :blush:

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
In Zune program, you might have check to remove from when sync. This might happened when you charge your phone and it sync wireless to your phone. Double check The settings

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Never lost a photo on either of my WPs. So, yes it is weird. And, btw I have never seen a option in Zune to delete anything after sync.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
In Zune program, you might have check to remove from when sync. This might happened when you charge your phone and it sync wireless to your phone. Double check The settings

I agree with this. I offloaded pics from the phone using Zune, had some issues manually deleting them after I was sure they were on the PC, so I switched on "Delete Pics After Sync" or whatever the checkbox is called. Then I forgot about it, till next time I synced... had 30-second heart attack when all of the Camera Roll disappeared from the phone, until I found them all safe and sound on the PC.

So yes, the option (checkbox) is there, and perhaps you've got it enabled and somehow triggered a sync. My sync was manual, but I believe there's a WiFi sync option that may run anytime it gets a chance... that'd all be worthwhile stuff to look in to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss