My Lumia 900 only vibrates initially before the ringtone plays and doesn't keep vibrating when I have it set to "ring+vibrate". Is this the norm? I could of sworn it vibrated throughout the ringtone being played before.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-15-2012 10:40 PM
    Nope. Only at the beginning. A shorter ringtone will get the vibrate to repeat more frequently.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-16-2012 01:01 AM
    Nope. Only at the beginning. A shorter ringtone will get the vibrate to repeat more frequently.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Your phone does the same? Vibrates initially but doesn't vibrate as the ringtone plays?
    05-16-2012 07:27 AM
    That's correct.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    05-16-2012 09:05 AM
    That's correct.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Cool. I didn't mean this in a "What the heck! this crappy phone is freaking broken!?" way. I just could have sworn the phone vibrated when the ringtone played. Apparantly, though, I'm loosing my mind. :-)
    05-16-2012 10:53 AM
    I have found a workaround for this issue, it does not completely solve the problem but improves the situation!!
    if you set a short ringtone say which lasts for 10 seconds then your phone will behave like this on a incoming call:
    vibration> 10 sec ringtone>vibration > 10 sec ringtone and so on....cyclically
    so suppose your incoming call ringing is live for 35 seconds your phone will vibrate around 3 times before you have a missed call..............
    the shorter your ringtone duration is the more time it will vibrate.
    now how to shorten the length of ringtone: for that you can create a custom ringtone using Nokia's own "ringtone maker" or other free software app's available on net.
    12-02-2013 04:41 AM
    I missed almost all my calls when i am outdoor and i dont want to cut shot my ringtone.
    Please asssist will this thing be fixed ?
    12-16-2013 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD