Random Reboots

nashtheflash

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone noticing some random reboots on the lumia 900? Occasionally I'll pull the phone out of my pocket and the screen won't wake up and then it'll start the initial boot up sequence with the att and nokia logos. I just noticed it happen when I plugged my headset into the phone. Should I get a new phone (still within the 30 days of my original purchase)?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Definitely shouldn't be doing that. But is it possible you are powering off the phone while in you pocket.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

WilsonHTY

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Definitely shouldn't be doing that. But is it possible you are powering off the phone while in you pocket.

May not be Possible as I left my Lumia 900 faced up on the table while I was using doing my work and my Lumia 900 just auto restart by itself. It automatically restart itself one time per day.

slewis41

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I did the Nokia update this weekend and then twice yesterday I picked up my phone and it was dead. Had to hold the power button for 10 secs then long press to start it back up.

WilsonHTY

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I did the Nokia update this weekend and then twice yesterday I picked up my phone and it was dead. Had to hold the power button for 10 secs then long press to start it back up.
NOKIA Lumia 900 has simply failed to live up to its reputation and expectation...

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had two black Lumia's and I actually exchanged the first one for the same reason. I use it as a work phone and need to get alerts during off hours and cant have the phone powering off by itself. It's happened a few times on the 2nd phone also. It doesn't happen that often but occasionally I'll go to use the phone and notice that its powered off. It takes a long press of the power button to power on the phone again.

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ive been having this problem too. Has anyone exchanged their device to get a new one without this issue? Is trying a restore or some software tricks worth a shot?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Anyone noticing some random reboots on the lumia 900? Occasionally I'll pull the phone out of my pocket and the screen won't wake up and then it'll start the initial boot up sequence with the att and nokia logos. I just noticed it happen when I plugged my headset into the phone. Should I get a new phone (still within the 30 days of my original purchase)?

I haveny experienced this issue . BTW where in Arkansas are you?

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My phone just rebooted. It was sitting on my desk, no buttons being pushed. The screen went white for like 5 seconds, then it restarted. this is my second Lumia directly from Nokia.

I'm just wondering if it was a certain app I was recently using that caused this. It's the first time that's happened since I got a Lumia on released date.

Last edited:

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me sorta 1.5 times. One time I didn't even know, it was just sitting there, and the 2nd time I was using the Engadget app. After I disabled the background tasks for the Engadget app didn't happen again. The app in the first place is really buggy for me, and crashes enough times to have my uninstall it finally after finding SimpiRSS. Might want to look at what's running in the background.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The only background task I have running is weather. It may have been something I recently used. Some apps can be pretty buggy.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My Surround would occasionally reboot itself. And several times it powered off completely without touching it (with a nearly full battery). So far, not rebooting or powering off on my L900. Have you tried a hard reset?

henryf124

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem: Lumia 900 just automatically reboots itself.

It's such a hassle, especially because I have to enter my PIN Code before I get to the start screen.

allipki

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
100% same as MisterMhz
phone rebooted by itself. It was sitting on my desk, no buttons being pushed. The screen went white for like 5 seconds, then it restarted. drives me crazy

bobosaur1

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Also having this same problem... Seems to be completely random

Does anyone know if this is a software/app issue?
Or if it's a hardware issue

I'm just worried it'll turn off and I won't notice it for hours and end up missing calls

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
My first phone had random reboots problem. Exchanged for a new Lumia 900 and never happened again. Same thing for my G2X that I exchanged for a new phone and no more problem after. Definitely hardware issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett