Thinking about returning my Lumia 900

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Wanted some feed back from the community.

I am now on my third Lumia 900 (Cyan) and am seriously considering returning it for something else. First one stopped syncing/charging, USB port/controller failed. The second one had a very noticeable pink/purple spot covering about 75% of the image when using the camera along with a bad rattle when on vibrate (you could shake phone and hear something moving inside as well).

Just got a third one last night and it has the same camera issue. Although the rattle is a lot better on the new one it has a weird 'click' when the camera is is turned off or when vibrating with the screen facing up. This one also has issue with the captive buttons. When I first started setting it up I noticed the buttons did not ilumanate when pressed. After about 15 min they did however they look horible. The back light is really uneven and is leaking through the bottom right corner... :(

I really love WP7 (had a Focus before this with no issues at all) and would like to stick with the platform but am not to thrilled with the other windows phones at this point. After playing with the HTC One X in the store (the screen on it is really impressive) I am thinking of switching to it or back to iPhone....

What do you all think?

Last edited:

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
You need to use the phone you like best. It's not that big of a deal. Life is too short. There are other things that are way more important that agonizing over which phone you like the best. Use the one that makes you happy!

Better yet, get one of each! I have an Atrix and a iPhone 4S and a Lumia 900. :)

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
You need to use the phone you like best. It's not that big of a deal. Life is too short. There are other things that are way more important that agonizing over which phone you like the best. Use the one that makes you happy!

Better yet, get one of each! I have an Atrix and a iPhone 4S and a Lumia 900. :)

LOL No, it is really not a big deal, not saying it is. Although $99 bucks still is a good amount of money to spend and have all these issues. Wish I could get one of each, but I'm sure the wife would have something to say about that :lol:

You could stick with the Focus until WP8 offerings come out - I was going to do that but the White L 900 is just too pretty!

My dumb *** sold the Focus a few days after I got the Lumia.

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I too sold my focus, which was a really good experience, soon after getting the lumia.. I went through 2 with various issues, and the camera was a particular pain point for me. I returned it for the one x. Boy do I regret it! The one x has worse wifi than the bad lumia's did. Or more aggravating.. It is flaky and drops the connection at whim.. The camera actually isn't as good as you think.. Or at least in my actual day to day use. The pictures look "brighter" but have some of the same artifact issues.. The lumia's were darker but focus seemed clearer to me. Picking your poison. I think the grass always looks greener. Am planning on selling my one x and will be buying another lumia. Think I'll buy it from the att store so I can return if there are issues as I'm not sure qc is under control at nokia.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with dormage. Just bad luck. Take it back for the titan2. It has a better camera anyway.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

svaldera

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wanted some feed back from the community.

I am now on my third Lumia 900 (Cyan) and am seriously considering returning it for something else. First one stopped syncing/charging, USB port/controller failed. The second one had a very noticeable pink/purple spot covering about 75% of the image when using the camera along with a bad rattle when on vibrate (you could shake phone and hear something moving inside as well).

Just got a third one last night and it has the same camera issue. Although the rattle is a lot better on the new one it has a weird 'click' when the camera is is turned off or when vibrating with the screen facing up. This one also has issue with the captive buttons. When I first started setting it up I noticed the buttons did not ilumanate when pressed. After about 15 min they did however they look horible. The back light is really uneven and is leaking through the bottom right corner... :(

I really love WP7 (had a Focus before this with no issues at all) and would like to stick with the platform but am not to thrilled with the other windows phones at this point. After playing with the HTC One X in the store (the screen on it is really impressive) I am thinking of switching to it or back to iPhone....

What do you all think?
Would like to get some additional information from you on the issues you are experiencing on your Lumia 900 and see how I may help. Can you please email me na.ps@nokia.com.

@NokiaSean

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I too sold my focus, which was a really good experience, soon after getting the lumia.. I went through 2 with various issues, and the camera was a particular pain point for me. I returned it for the one x. Boy do I regret it! The one x has worse wifi than the bad lumia's did. Or more aggravating.. It is flaky and drops the connection at whim.. The camera actually isn't as good as you think.. Or at least in my actual day to day use. The pictures look "brighter" but have some of the same artifact issues.. The lumia's were darker but focus seemed clearer to me. Picking your poison. I think the grass always looks greener. Am planning on selling my one x and will be buying another lumia. Think I'll buy it from the att store so I can return if there are issues as I'm not sure qc is under control at nokia.

That is good to know, thanks!

I agree with dormage. Just bad luck. Take it back for the titan2. It has a better camera anyway.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

I was thinking about it...

Would like to get some additional information from you on the issues you are experiencing on your Lumia 900 and see how I may help. Can you please email me na.ps@nokia.com.

@NokiaSean

Thanks! Will do.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Heh. Keep trying dude. I'm on my third one. I had two Cyans before. Both had problems. The White one is flawless (so far). And besides, it's prettier! Don't give up on the Lumia yet. I freakin' love mine. And that is another reason I love Nokia. The customer service it great. Personal contact from a rep. Not too shabby I'll tell you what.
-joe-

Last edited:

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Heh. Keep trying dude. I'm on my third one. I had two Cyans before. Both had problems. The White one is flawless (so far). And besides, it's prettier! Don't give up on the Lumia yet. I freakin' love mine. And that is another reason I love Nokia. The customer service it great. Personal contact from a rep. Not too shabby I'll tell you what.
-joe-

When I go back to the AT&T store I might have them pull out a few in different colors to see what we get.

Deff like the contact from Nokia that does rock. I just sent him an email with more info. I'll update the thread when I get a reply.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Update

An update:

I sent an email to Sean with detailed info regarding my experience with the Lumia 900 so far. He responded back quickly and apologized for the issues. He also offered to swap my current phone with a new one. I explained I was thinking of going to the local AT&T store again to test out/find another replacement (just in case the replacement sent by Nokia had similar issues). He assured me that his team has checked the new device. Not only that but he also wanted to send me a new Purity HD Headset along with my device. Needless to say I was happy to hear that. :cool: After sending over my contact/shipping info I received two UPS tracking numbers within an hour.

I have to say this has got to rank up there with the best customer service I have received in some time. I have hopes that the new device will be better. He also mentioned that my issue with the camera (pink spot issue) will be escalated to the appropriate team to investigate further.

It is nice to know that Nokia is keeping an eye out for issues like this and stepping in to resolve them. I'll post back when I receive the replacement.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow. This is a heck of a job by Nokia. Hope it convinces you to stick with them for now. :)

Yes, a great job. It does. My first cell phone was a Nokia 5190 (man that was a good phone. I remember I had a clear smoke cover with matching clear key pad for it. :cool:) so I know they make quality products and stand behind them.

this is why I support OEM who care.....

Tru Dat.

So I step into my office at work about 15min ago and find these sitting in my chair....

21220d1337262317-wp_000016.jpg

Open them up to find...

21219d1337262015-wp_000019.jpg

:happy:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And this is why I purchased a L900. No additional explanation required. Nokia loves and supports the WP platform as much as I do. My first phones works great, but if it didn't I know they have my back.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Well guys (and gals) so far so good. Phone seems better than my other 3. The captive buttons are responceive and have good back lightning. Rattle on vibrate is a lot better and even the purple screen hue on low brightness is gone :) The camera still has the pink spot but I know they are looking into it.

Listened to the headphones for a bit and they are OK. I am kind of spoiled when it comes to head/earphones as I use a set of Klipsch x10i at work and Sennheiser hd650s at home. But the Purity HDs are not bad at all. They seem well made, comfortable and come with a nice case. It was really kind of them to send me a pair.

I'm happy to say I'll be sticking with Nokia :happy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077