Lumia 900 vs HTC Titan II

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local at&t store at lunch and spent some time with the HTC Titan II. It's a nice phone. Seems well built. BUT, I wouldn't trade my Lumia for 2 of them. The Lumia is just nicer in every way. When you consider that many of us got the Nokia basically free after the $100 credit while the HTC cost $200 it's REALLY a no-brainer. Of course this is just my opinion.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the lumia design and screen much better, but I cannot seem to get one that works well. I'm on my third, and I think I may be done trying...

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the Lumia 900 and traded it for the Titan II. Was MUCH happier with the Titan II over the Lumia. The colors on the Lumia are WAY over saturated and don't look right. The Titan II screen is very nice and has correct colors.

Good luck finding a Lumia with no issues...

I have since abandoned windows phone and went back to Android. Missed it and the features too much. I have had a an HTC One X since launch and the One X is BY FAR the best mobile phone I have used. Speed, software and the screen is the best mobile phone screen hands down.

..Gromet

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the Lumia 900 and traded it for the Titan II. Was MUCH happier with the Titan II over the Lumia. The colors on the Lumia are WAY over saturated and don't look right. The Titan II screen is very nice and has correct colors.

I have since abandoned windows phone and went back to Android. Missed it and the features too much. I have had a an HTC One X since launch and the One X is BY FAR the best mobile phone I have used. Speed, software and the screen is the best mobile phone screen hands down.

..Gromet
Talk about an absurd sweeping generalization! I haven't had any issues with my device, and obviously the One X is not perfect. If I dig through forums, I'll be bound to find posters with bugs/flaws in that device too.

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
One X far from perfect. I traded my lumia in at day 29 for a one x and regret it. Wifi flakier than lumia's was before the update. Update promised at end of month. Overall experience doesn't compare. I think the grass always looks greener. Even the camera on the One X, while nice, isn't perfect.

I think Nokia is bringing a lot to the table, pushing the WP7 ecosystem forward. I'm selling the One X and coming back to WP7. I think it's all about finding what works for you. Maybe there are more "features" in Android, but to me the overall experience is nowhere near as tied together and functional for my day to day use. I enjoy android on my tablet (though I'm looking forward to the WP8 tablets coming) but not on my phone.

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

..Gromet

so which Antivirus product are you using? :cool:

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 900 since day one. No issues and I'm very happy with it. B4 the Nokia I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, loved it. B4 that, an iPhone 4, loved it. The way I see it there are NO perfect smartphones. There are some very good ones though and I'm gonna try as many of them as possible. Arguing over which phone or OS is better is futile. They're all good in some ways and not so good in others.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried 3 different Lumias before giving up. I returned the last one and got the T2. I guess you could say I gave up 3 Lumias for a T2. jk

Sorry but IMO the T2 feels better, looks better, and performs better in the ways that count the most.

Also, there is no need to hate on other WP7 devices. They each have their own pluses and minuses.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Bill, I'm glad you like your T2. It's cool you are staying with Windows Phone and found a great device. :)

I agree with not hating on any Windows Phones. I am tired of all the Android talk, though.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Still enjoying my "first" Lumia 900 that I picked up on launch weekend. No troubles. Screen is beautiful, indoors and out. Very responsive. No data issues whatsoever, before or after the update. Couple little software nits that I am certain Nokia will address shortly. Wouldn't trade it for anything available today.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

..Gromet

T2 screen is just inferior. Just take a look at the blacks, they are almost grayish in comparison to the Lumia. Even when the screens are off, the Lumia screen almost looks the exact same color as the black glass faceplate, unlike the T2 which looks grey.

The T2 is also ALLOT darker at its brightest than the Lumia too.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The T2 is MUCH brighter than the Lumia. Especially with white screens. The T2 display does not look grey when off either.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The Titan II is a good phone but doesnt stand out for me, its just a big phone. The Lumia is stylish, and that screen is truly beautiful with the blacks widely acknowledged to be better than the Titan. Cant argue with that outdoor visibility either. I'm on my second one, returned the first because of poor battery and the replacement is better in that regard but has the purple tint, but that has been marked for remediation so I'm good with waiting for the fix. No other problems with my current device, got it in a gel case, no screen protector (messed up 4, cant be bothered anymore) and it looks and feels fantastic. Camera is obviously worse but usable enough, and judging by the 800 its not too much to expect some improvements with updates so that's not a big issue right now.

Personally, its no contest, I would choose the Lumia over the Titan II anyday as there's nothing it offers that I feel is worth switching for, definitely not a CPU increase of .1Ghz. Just too much goodness that comes with the Lumia 900 to give it up.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Still enjoying my "first" Lumia 900 that I picked up on launch weekend. No troubles. Screen is beautiful, indoors and out. Very responsive. No data issues whatsoever, before or after the update. Couple little software nits that I am certain Nokia will address shortly. Wouldn't trade it for anything available today.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Ditto. I'm on my original pre-order Lumia 900 and I've had ZERO problems. I wasn't even affected by the "data bug".

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The T2 is MUCH brighter than the Lumia. Especially with white screens. The T2 display does not look grey when off either.

That's nice that you feel that way. However its a proven fact the Lumia's screen is much better. In fact it's the best of them all and I have science to back that up, not just opinion.

See for yourself:

http://www.displaymate.com/Mobile_Brightness_ShootOut_2.htm

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Socialcarpet, either your reading comprehension has failed or you are being intentionally misleading. That test was under high ambient lighting conditions. In other words, bright sunlight. This is not where most use occurs. If you look at both devices under normal lighting conditions, you will see the T2 is obviously brighter under these typical conditions.

Am I saying the T2 is better, not exactly. Overall, the Lumia display is better because of black blacks, vibrant colors, and outdoor view ability. The T2 is better in typical use brightness and typing with larger hands, like mine. Reading text on the T2 is immensely better because of this.

chrisz5z

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The Titan 2 did feel better in the hand to me but it didn't seem as responsive as the Lumia 900. Could have been isolated to that particular T2 though. The T2 looks too bland, too much like the Inspire 4g i came from. Inspire 4g & T2 both have SLCD, and the AMOLED looks much better to me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05