Your phones camera button

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new Lumia 900 and noticed that the camera button feels somewhat loose whenever I touch it. If I shake the device I hear the button rattling. If I hold the phone in my hand it makes the faint rattle noise from touching the button. Is this normal or should I replace the unit?

rutvik19

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new Lumia 900 and noticed that the camera button feels somewhat loose whenever I touch it. If I shake the device I hear the button rattling. If I hold the phone in my hand it makes the faint rattle noise from touching the button. Is this normal or should I replace the unit?

My Lumia does the same thing. It's as designed because the button is a two phase button. It allows you to press it half way to focus the camera, then press it all the way to take a picture.

shawnmichael

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
This is not "AS DESIGNED" because of a two stage button. It's a flaw that should have been caught and fixed. Think about how many other "two stage buttons" there are out there on phones that do not rattle. I have had three Lumia 900's. The first two I purchased brand spanking new around March-April 2013 and they did not rattle. However, one of them was left in the rain and got destroyed. So I bought the third and it DOES have the rattle.

Note to others out there. Be careful when you purchase a "New Other" unit because it's entirely possible that it was returned with this problem or another and consequently the "new other" status. I think that's what happened to me on this one. I had already paid ~$225 apiece for the first two so I wanted to save money and got a "new other" for the third. It rattles annoyingly loud. It defeats the point of having a "silent" or "vibrate" function because everybody in the room hears your crappy phone rattling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2