Critical Battery Notification When??

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This is my first Windows Phone 7 device, but 2nd smartphone (first being a Fuze). Last night I was playing BBB: App-ocalypse for a couple hours, expecting my Lumia to tell me "Critical Battery" or something like it does normally (usually when it's on the home screen). I didn't get this, and when I checked my batter mid game (by going back to Start), and going to settings, I had about 5% left. Scared me because of other people having their devices brick on them from deep battery drains. I promptly plugged in. However, I would imagine that the OS should have told me, "11% left, please plug in or turn off" or something like it does usually. Is this normal for Windows Phone to ignore these warnings while in an application? Possible Nokia bug or another "feature" of Windows Phone?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same happen on my Focus. I think it's just a little bug in the OS that happens sometimes. This has happened maybe twice in 8 months for me. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting, I think it pops up when you're doing an activity. The only time I've seen it recently was when I was on a call and I noticed the battery was at 5% after I hung up. Aside from that the LED light on my phone flashes regardless. Not sure if your Nokia has an LED or not.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My focus would show critical battery with 15% battery life left. My Lumia 900 shows critical battery at 26%, 20%, 11%, really at random times. Also the battery meter in the Lumia 900 is inaccurate. When my phone is at 0% battery life I still get 30min more of heavy usage.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia doesn't have an LED, would be nice, but not really essential.

My focus would show critical battery with 15% battery life left. My Lumia 900 shows critical battery at 26%, 20%, 11%, really at random times. Also the battery meter in the Lumia 900 is inaccurate. When my phone is at 0% battery life I still get 30min more of heavy usage.

I've gotten it at like 11% generally, and only in 1st party apps, such as Messaging, Phone, etc, never in 3rd party apps. That said, have you ever let yours drain till it turned off? Were you able to revive it just by plugging it in? I've read here and on XDA of people with problems not be able to revive their Lumias after a total drain.

Hope this gets sorted out with Tango.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte