Hi everybody!

I am on my third Lumia. The first was knocked out of my hands, shattering the screen a week after I bought it. The insurance replacement had a few minor issues, plus a slightly scratched screen; they sent me a replacement for that one. Now I've run into the purple screen issue, but there are no problems aside from that.

The way I see it, there are three options. (1) I send back the replacement and hope for one without a purple screen. (2) I keep the replacement and hope Nokia actually fixes the color issue with an update. (3) I send back the replacement and stick with my older model. Now that I've read about the problems I was having, it seems they are very common and may be fixed with an update.

I know nobody has knowledge of when the next update is coming, but do you think it's worth it to wait it out? Keeping the screen on medium kills my eyes in the middle of the night.
    05-24-2012 12:00 PM
    I'd wait it out. Nokia has confirmed they are fixing the issue.
    05-24-2012 01:20 PM
    I would have it replaced 10 times if I had to, I ordered mine 3 days ago and it is perfect. I think the production problems are a minority. I love the experience and I think it is worth it. Good luck.
    05-24-2012 04:23 PM
    I was getting the same purple screen also but the problem actually went away when I set the automatic brightness to off. When I turned to to low it looks a little purple but not when set to medium or high.

Hope that helps you out.
    05-24-2012 04:32 PM
    Thats the work around and the OP should try that to see if it cures his issue.
    05-24-2012 04:43 PM
    I have the automatic brightness off, and it is set to medium. On that setting, there is no purple screen. But I would like to be able to use the automatic setting. When I wake up in the middle of the night and look to see what time it is, I don't like getting blinded.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-24-2012 04:51 PM
    That's understandable, but I guess that's the temporary solution until the next update comes out if the purple screen is an eye sore.
    05-24-2012 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD