Speakerphone Bug

chaseerry

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Bought a white Lumia 900 after having the Focus S for about 5 months.

While talking on the phone with speakerphone enabled, the capacitive touch buttons act stupid. If I press the Windows button it opens the TellMe voice prompt. If I hit the back button it either does nothing or opens up multitasking.

As soon as I take the phone off speakerphone the buttons work flawlessly.

Anybody else?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I believe thats not a bug its the way is was designed to work. I know thats how the back button works normally with a long press.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Other users have reported this issue when playing games or using Zune Music. I imaging using speakerphone while on a call would consume some resources. It appears to have something to do with memory allocation. Nokia is aware of the problem, but it would not hurt to report it in their forums.

Have not seen the TellMe screen appear, but the multitask screen does occasionally appear, even with a short tap.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

chaseerry

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe thats not a bug its the way is was designed to work. I know thats how the back button works normally with a long press.

No, I am not holding the buttons down. A quick press of the Windows button while something is playing through the speakerphone and they either don't respond, or the voice prompt comes up. Very annoying.

psonio7

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine does that too. I figured the speaker loudness will vibrate the base of the phone and set off the buttons. Its annoying and the parties on the other side think I'm goofing off, since they can hear the TellMe come on.

Sometimes it also happens with music, navigation, games or anything that uses the speaker.

chaseerry

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that too. I figured the speaker loudness will vibrate the base of the phone and set off the buttons. Its annoying and the parties on the other side think I'm goofing off, since they can hear the TellMe come on.

Sometimes it also happens with music, navigation, games or anything that uses the speaker.

Yep. Looks like a bunch of users are experiencing this. Check it out here.

And I bought this phone off of eBay (new) so I might be stuck. Tried to exchange it at AT&T store today, but they needed the phone number of whoever bought it originally. Not good.

Ray E.

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Bought a white Lumia 900 after having the Focus S for about 5 months.

While talking on the phone with speakerphone enabled, the capacitive touch buttons act stupid. If I press the Windows button it opens the TellMe voice prompt. If I hit the back button it either does nothing or opens up multitasking.

As soon as I take the phone off speakerphone the buttons work flawlessly.

Anybody else?

This happened to me too. While on a call with someone on speaker, the capacitive bottons did not respond at all. This also happened to me while listening to music (on speaker) and when within a game.

I took my device in to be swapped. Luckily, i was still within my thirty day return period and exchanged it. I've had no problems with the capacitve buttons since then and when on speaker. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes