AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Unlocking

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys the strangest thing happened to me.
I'm not from the united states so I ordered a nokia Lumia 900 from ebay brand new but I has a sim lock. I ordered an unlock code from www.GSMfast.net - Fast & Cheaper Unlock Service on Saturday morning and I am still waiting. decided to call at&t and explain to them that I don't reside in the states they told me that this device will not be permitted to update until next year. I really love this phone and would hate to think that I just wasted all that money.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
not update or not unlocked? There is a difference. Most unlocking services on ebay will send you a code via email so why havent you received the code?

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
not update or not unlocked? There is a difference. Most unlocking services on ebay will send you a code via email so why havent you received the code?
Honestly I don't know why I have not received the code as yet.
Reading around even called cellunlockers.com and they said that the unlocking service is unavailable for the AT&T Nokia Lumia 900. :mad: :mad:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I could be mistaken, but I believe some users at XDA have successfully gotten SIM unlock codes, while others have gotten refunds, with a sorry, can't do it. You probably should have checked first. AT&T is not currently releasing unlock codes. If you can't return the phone, your only option may be a custom ROM.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Some people was able to get codes from AT&T using very farfetched excuses and a applauded them, with respect to custom rom I will still have to get a sim unlock.

clockworksnarf

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression at&t had an exclusivity agreement for 6mo. Where the lumia will remain locked until then.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression at&t had an exclusivity agreement for 6mo. Where the lumia will remain locked until then.

One guy mention that AT&T have exclusive rights for 45 days which was supposed to be up this week, he said that he got his information from Microsoft. So now I wait to see if this is true.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

You are probably correct.

If you buy the phone outright, you should be able to get the unlock code. Just another reason why I buy unbranded/unlocked phones.

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I've unlocked a 710 via cellunlocker.net, so maybe it's just a matter of time.

I honestly don't think there are problems unlocking other Nokia Lumia devices, just the Npkia Lumia 900 on AT&T because the one from Rogers can be unlocked. (Nokia Lumia 900)

deeperdenluv

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I could be mistaken, but I believe some users at XDA have successfully gotten SIM unlock codes, while others have gotten refunds, with a sorry, can't do it. You probably should have checked first. AT&T is not currently releasing unlock codes. If you can't return the phone, your only option may be a custom ROM.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
hi, can you tell me how i can get a lumia 900 custom rom

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have only read of two people being able to get their Lumia 900 unlocked from ATT. Both were long time ATT customers who paid full price for their phone and moved out of the US. So its possible but very very hard to do. You're better off buying a rogers version and unlocking it or ponying up to buy the international version of the phone.

nick1011

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried www.GSMfast.net - Fast & Cheaper Unlock Service to get my att nokia lumia 900 unlocked and they did it in 8 days.Maybe you should try back seems only att account users or if you have a contact in att you can get it done.
Seems they have good connect cause i also got my att iphone 4s unlocked there in 1 day.
Try them maybe back then u had an issue.But i know it works now.

albertordzrema

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried www.GSMfast.net - Fast & Cheaper Unlock Service to get my att nokia lumia 900 unlocked and they did it in 8 days.Maybe you should try back seems only att account users or if you have a contact in att you can get it done.
Seems they have good connect cause i also got my att iphone 4s unlocked there in 1 day.
Try them maybe back then u had an issue.But i know it works now.
i just buy the 08/29/2012 an at&t nokia lumia 900 unlock code and no answer yet :mad:

jwcdis

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't the exclusivity period end this month or the next?

If i were to throw out a date, probably on the L920's release date

tboard24

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've spoken to ATT numerous times about this as I'm currently studying in Europe and they've told me everytime it will be available to be unlocked 10/8/12. That's 6 months after the 4/08 release date so it makes sense, but still frustrating as I'm currently carrying two phones around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786