Hi, my lumia 900 has this kind of issue:

The Search button is pressed automatically by the system, and I feel a short vibration as a normal touch on the Search button. I have to switch back to my previous program using Back key.

This error often happens when I playing games or charging using OEM charger. I checked and make sure I didn't touch the button.

My guess for this error is: OEM charger may give a unstable or higher electric current, so that the current trigger the Search key. Again, I'm not sure this error is Software bug or Hardware bug.

Is here anyone having similar issue?
    Last edited by pumpkinzhou; 05-28-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    05-28-2012 10:22 AM
    I have a Trophy and I always feel like the freaking Search button is getting hit. It's really irritating.
    05-28-2012 11:55 AM
    I have a Trophy and I always feel like the freaking Search button is getting hit. It's really irritating.
    Interesting. Is the Search program really executed? My 900 does. It seems the system automatically trigger the button.

As you have another band of phone, maybe it's a software bug (hopefully)
    05-28-2012 12:42 PM
    I've never experienced this. If all else fails you can try reflashing the stock ROM. It might fix your issue

Instructions are here:
    OEM Lumia 900 ROMs - Download & Flashable - xda-developers
    05-28-2012 12:59 PM
    I've never experienced this. If all else fails you can try reflashing the stock ROM. It might fix your issue

Instructions are here:
    OEM Lumia 900 ROMs - Download & Flashable - xda-developers
    Thanks, I will try later.

This bug is very annoying for routine works.
    05-28-2012 01:35 PM
    This happens to me regularly when playing games. I've doublechecked to make sure I wasn't accidentally pressing the key, and it occasionally happens anyway.
    05-28-2012 04:04 PM
    This happens to me regularly when playing games. I've doublechecked to make sure I wasn't accidentally pressing the key, and it occasionally happens anyway.
    Same here. I also checked but I think this is really an important bug or error for this phone.

According to:
    I think it could be a software bug because it was found in another brand phone.

Or, if the specification of Trophy and Lumia900 is similar, it may also be caused by some similar hardware design fault.
    05-28-2012 05:11 PM
    I've had this issue with randomly pressed buttons while talking to people on speakerphone and while playing games, it's the the #1 thing thats been driving me nuts. Sometimes it's the windows button, sometimes search and even the back button.

There is a thread on the Nokia forums about this: Nokia Support Discussions - Issue with nokia lumia 900 touch capacitive button... - Nokia Support Discussions

I hope Nokia and/or Microsoft take notice of this issue and release a fix.
    05-28-2012 05:19 PM