WiFi issues

shamelin73

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this would be software or hardware but here is what my phone is doing.

I can connect to WiFi source and will work for a bit and data just seems to be lost. It will not show a drop in service, however it will not download or send anything.

I can turn the WiFi off and then back on it will work for a bit bit then it starts to happen again.

The phone has the latest software available from Nokia.

Please let me know what you think the is.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if this would be software or hardware but here is what my phone is doing.

I can connect to WiFi source and will work for a bit and data just seems to be lost. It will not show a drop in service, however it will not download or send anything.

I can turn the WiFi off and then back on it will work for a bit bit then it starts to happen again.

The phone has the latest software available from Nokia.

Please let me know what you think the is.

Exchange your device. I had the same issue, exchanged my device, and the new device does not have this issue.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen to me, several times. I changed the APN, and had problems with my SIM card after changing the APN. Now, I read I believe on here or Reddit/r/windowsphone that there is a tethering bug for Windows phone, that will stop the data when used with WiFi. Now I am not sure if that is true. The only thing you can do to stop it from happening is doing a Hard Reset. Everyone doesn't like doing that but I mean, I would rather use my phone with WiFi then use all my 5 GB's of data. haha... Haven't even touched my limit. Either way, hopefully you can either do that or as Phil said Exchange it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Which will in effect be the same a doing a hard reset, which you can do anytime.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I have that same WiFi issue, but don't want to hassle too much with getting an exchange. This is my third L900. Plus, I just got this nice gelaskin on it. Lol. I'll probably try a hard rese before I try to exchange it.

shamelin73

May 20, 2012
Visit site
It is possible the new update could fix this issue. I have a new phone and don't have the WiFi issue any more. I will update to the new firmware tonight as well.

shamelin73

May 20, 2012
Visit site
New phone worked fine till I started tethering. Now I am having the same issue again.

I will just hope they can find a fix for this as I am not going to exchange the phone again. I am thinking it is a windows issue as the antennas are separate. I am thinking that somehow the DNS info is not changing between the two connections or something. If I turn cell data off wifi works fine. This also has issues if I leave wifi on and cell data sometimes wont work until i turn wifi off.

I did call AT&T about no data the other day and they could not see my phone as having a data connection till i turned off wifi. I was not even around a wifi connection at that time.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Damn Board Express!

@PhilR8: Well maybe. If the problem is a result of playing with tethering, the old phone, the new phone, and the next phone will all do the same thing. But hey, just keep exchanging phones. Less for people to use (feel you pain there Germany) and lots more "nearly new" L900s to sell on eBay.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786