Switch from BlackBerry?

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Where did RIM specifically say it would be release early 2012 ? Your confusing Playbook 2.0 with BB10.:)
From the linked article:
"But what's 2012 going to look like for BBX?

There is still a ton we don't know, but we're hearing enough things now that the picture is becoming a little more clear. Of course we're all familiar with and have seen the photo of BlackBerry "London" (formerly Colt), the first BBX phone that is expected to be announced in 2012 featuring the BBX operating system and a full touchscreen display.

The latest we heard is that London is currently targeting an early March launch (March 13th specifically, but internal launch targets are just that - targets, so we wouldn't put much weight on that kind of specific... I personally am not so sure on this March time frame). We're hoping to see the first BBX phone get unveiled at CES coming up in January in Las Vegas, but if the target is March or later and knowing that things tend to get pushed back vs. pushed forward, I'm not so sure anymore. If that's the case, CES may be more of a PlayBook OS 2.0 relaunch (maybe we'll see some partner announcements finally) and BBX phone unveilings may come a month or two later. I'll keep my fingers crossed though."

My understanding also was that BBX was going to be early 2012 and the article even gives a specific date.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Crackberry must have been confused too. Note the rumors of release dates of Colt/London in that link. Obviously the head honcho at Crackberry must have felt those rumors had some shred of credibility to publish them. It's not surprising given the misinformation Lazaridis and Ballsillie put forth or failed to clarify.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mr Bigs

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Crackberry must have been confused too. Note the rumors of release dates of Colt/London in that link. Obviously the head honcho at Crackberry must have felt those rumors had some shred of credibility to publish them. It's not surprising given the misinformation Lazaridis and Ballsillie put forth or failed to clarify.

Look closely at the developers phone RIM released and tell me what it's codename was .

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I definitely think it's worth the switch.. I don't understand how blackberry is so great for every day email? I had a curve 8530 for about 7 or 8 months When I first started using smartphones and I loved it but I realized it wasn't much more than a feature phone.. I mean really. Sure BBM is great and I think the phone is very durable and reliable but it doesn't do anything.I tried a Torch recently and I couldn't sync my work e-mail or school e-mail and it didn't seem to execute any simple task I ever wanted it to do. Blackberry Rant = Over. This is all just my personal opinion.. I can't wait to see what BB10 looks like, I definitely think they have the ability to make a great phone they just have to realize that the same technology doesn't work for 5+ Years.

Mr Bigs

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I definitely think it's worth the switch.. I don't understand how blackberry is so great for every day email? I had a curve 8530 for about 7 or 8 months When I first started using smartphones and I loved it but I realized it wasn't much more than a feature phone.. I mean really. Sure BBM is great and I think the phone is very durable and reliable but it doesn't do anything.I tried a Torch recently and I couldn't sync my work e-mail or school e-mail and it didn't seem to execute any simple task I ever wanted it to do. Blackberry Rant = Over. This is all just my personal opinion.. I can't wait to see what BB10 looks like, I definitely think they have the ability to make a great phone they just have to realize that the same technology doesn't work for 5+ Years.
All of the problems you had were directly related to you not knowing what you are doing. The BB email setup process is idiot proof.

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
All of the problems you had were directly related to you not knowing what you are doing. The BB email setup process is idiot proof.

While all of that is very possible, I called sprints "blackberry" experts.. they couldn't help me.. Crackberry couldn't help me and neither could the IT Dept. at school.. Maybe it was just that particular phone having issues. Leo it seems you are quiet a troll around here.. I read your posts and its BB this and BB that.. I'm not arguing that BB is a dependable phone its just far behind. They still make phones with 500MHz processors.. Come on!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Chances are the work email would require BES. Anything other than BlackBerry supports Exchange ActiveSync, but BlackBerry does not.

Mr Bigs

May 1, 2012
Visit site
While all of that is very possible, I called sprints "blackberry" experts.. they couldn't help me.. Crackberry couldn't help me and neither could the IT Dept. at school.. Maybe it was just that particular phone having issues. Leo it seems you are quiet a troll around here.. I read your posts and its BB this and BB that.. I'm not arguing that BB is a dependable phone its just far behind. They still make phones with 500MHz processors.. Come on!

I'm hardly a troll, I own multiple phones on 2 carriers including the Lumia 900 so I'm like a smartphone connesuer. :cool:

Sent from my 4G HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

moe1up

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Chances are the work email would require BES. Anything other than BlackBerry supports Exchange ActiveSync, but BlackBerry does not.

Just for clarification, I ran Exchange on my 9900 for over a year with no problems. Also, the Bold 9900 camera runs circles around the Lumia. Yes, autofocus is not there, but the Bold camera is marvelous.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
These are the instructions for setting up email account on BlackBerry for the school that I attended.

Note that BES is required.

I had to forward the emails to my Gmail account, since I did not use BES.

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I was told to do the same thing, Forward them through G-Mail.. The goofy thing is that my school email was through G-mail.. It still wouldn't sync properly.. I loved that my Arrive allowed me to log in directly as a gmail account and sync my email contacts and all that good stuff.. Sure BB is great if you have the enterprise servers hooked up.. If not then the email functionality is pretty limited. I am looking forward to see what BB10 has in store but more excited for WP8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss