Help?! how do I replace broken LCD?

hammad0987

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 900 fell and the LCD got broken.
I found instructions on how to replace a broken screen on the Lumia 800 but not on the Lumia 900 (which does not have the screws that are present in the 800).
Can anybody help?
Thanks.
HM

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Pull the micro sim card tray out and somewhere in there (under a sticker maybe?), there should be a long metal pin (you'll need pliers or a special tool). Pull that out and the display should be able to come out of the poly case. Of course, the second you start jacking around w/ it and remove any stickers, you're going to void your warranty.

I haven't tried this, but this is what I've heard on how the 900 is kept together w/o screws.

Good luck and let us know if this is the case.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Two days ago I noticed a very tiny crack (maybe 1 millimeter in diameter) on the lower right edge of the glass. I have no clue how it got there, and you have to look closely to even notice it, but I'm pretty bummed about it.

I've dropped my L900 just once, and it was on carpet! I have no freaking clue how this happened. Oh well, not a big deal I guess (doesn't affect the display as it's below the WP buttons). It's just that.. well the phone's not perfect anymore :(. I guess that was inevitable.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven