Unlocking the Nokia Lumia 900

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys its been almost a month since I bought a Nokia Lumia 900 from AT&T and I have not been able to fully use my device because it's locked and can't get unlock codes. If any one has any solution towards my dilemma it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to realize this but it's driving me up a wall. I actually really love this phone and having a very hard time parting with it, but I'm seeing that I will have no choice.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
AT&T policy (since 2010) has been to not unlock any of their phones for at least 10 months after their "exclusivity" period ends.

Like the Motorola Atrix was released end of feb 2011. They wouldn't unlock it for me until Dec 2011. 10 months later.

I thought that sucks. So got unlock code from eBay for $20 in April.

Maybe Nokia and AT&T are making it harder to find cheaper eBay codes to unlock the lumia 900?

L3PT

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Which April 2011 or 2012???
AT&T policy (since 2010) has been to not unlock any of their phones for at least 10 months after their "exclusivity" period ends.

Like the Motorola Atrix was released end of feb 2011. They wouldn't unlock it for me until Dec 2011. 10 months later.

I thought that sucks. So got unlock code from eBay for $20 in April.

Maybe Nokia and AT&T are making it harder to find cheaper eBay codes to unlock the lumia 900?

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Which April 2011 or 2012???

I got eBay unlock in April 2011 for atrix 4g.

AT&T would have provided a free unlock for the atrix in December 2011, 10 months after its release.

Unlock codes used to be provided for free almost immediately in the past. AT&T is just getting stingy on providing unlock codes.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
If you are planning to use the phone outside US you should return it and get a global version; however, if you are living in the US and do not want to get into a contract use one of AT&T's MVNO(mobile virtual network operator) like Red pocket or H2O they provide the "same" service as AT&T(because they use AT&T's towers) and you can use all of the features (besides MMS; however NOTE that with WP TANGO coming you will be able to modify the MMS settings. Therefore you will be able to send MMS in the future [or you can use Whatsapp]) that the phones has. Hope it helps....

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are planning to use the phone outside US you should return it and get a global version; however, if you are living in the US and do not want to get into a contract use one of AT&T's MVNO(mobile virtual network operator) like Red pocket or H2O they provide the "same" service as AT&T(because they use AT&T's towers) and you can use all of the features (besides MMS; however NOTE that with WP TANGO coming you will be able to modify the MMS settings. Therefore you will be able to send MMS in the future [or you can use Whatsapp]) that the phones has. Hope it helps....

I know that there are some MMS modifications coming with the Tango update, but there has been no word (as far as I can see) about editing MMS APN settings, which is what we would have to be able to do to edit MMS settings on an MVNO.

May I ask where you read the information stating that the APN settings for MMS will be editable with Tango?

bachibabu09

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
unlocking nokkia lumia 900 ATT

Members,

I recently swifted from iphone to windows phone ( Nokia Lumia 900 ),

what is the jailbreak tool for windows phone like unlocking the whole OS?

I have downloaded nokia care suite, If i flash the ROM's from care suite, Is my phone is going to unlock OS ?

Please suggest me ,

Thanks,

Oscar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb