Update from Nokia for purple hue etc..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have purple hue or proximity sensor issues, but I just updated a few minutes ago anyway. I doubt if I'll see any difference, since I didn't have bugs before.

I also updated last time when they released the data bug fix, even though I had no problems with my data.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm it it fixes the purple issue! Any it doesn't look like they did it by kicking up the brightness. The screen is very dim on low, but not purple. :)

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Volume controls still don't work when the screen's locked, camera button still not waking up the phone consistently.

Sigh. Still, great they updated it somewhat.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Also, it looks like auto brightness many not be working.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Are you sure? If auto brightness doesn't work, I will not update since I don't have any issues, not even with my camera button waking the phone up consistently.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Auto brightness is working fine. Also, I did have the purple hue issue and it is gone now.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Autobrightness is working, but it does look like it works differently than it did in the past.

Before, if you had auto brightness on and the brightness (level) set to low, the screen would go from the lowest brightness to the highest brightness depending on the ambient light. As long as auto brightness was on, it did not matter what the brightness setting was. The screen would adjust from the dimmest to brightest.

Now, it appears that the brightness setting affects the bias of automatic brightness. For example, if I have auto brightness on and the brightness is set to low, the screen will not get bright enough to read in the direct sun.

I now have auto brightness on, and I have the brightness level set to high. All seems well.

Based on reading some user guides for WPs, I think this is the way it was supposed to work all along. So, it looks like auto brightness not only works; it works as it should.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Autobrightness is working, but it does look like it works differently than it did in the past.

Before, if you had auto brightness on and the brightness (level) set to low, the screen would go from the lowest brightness to the highest brightness depending on the ambient light. As long as auto brightness was on, it did not matter what the brightness setting was. The screen would adjust from the dimmest to brightest.

Now, it appears that the brightness setting affects the bias of automatic brightness. For example, if I have auto brightness on and the brightness is set to low, the screen will not get bright enough to read in the direct sun.

I now have auto brightness on, and I have the brightness level set to high. All seems well.

Based on reading some user guides for WPs, I think this is the way it was supposed to work all along. So, it looks like auto brightness not only works; it works as it should.
Thanks for checking this thoroughly. Interestingly this is exactly the way iOS auto brightness works where it tries to maintain the level the user sets under different lighting conditions.

I didn't realize this is also how WP7 was supposed to work, good to know that the Lumia now does. :)

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Volume controls still don't work when the screen's locked, camera button still not waking up the phone consistently.

Sigh. Still, great they updated it somewhat.

I can change the volume with the screen locked...

I have to get the update now seeing this about the changed auto brightness. I hope you are right and it is more like iOS now.

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
How about leaving the capacitive button backlight on anytime the screen is on... is that in there? I'm tired of poking at those buttons in the dark!

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Auto brightness doesn't seem any different to me. Still far to aggressive and still just as useless IMO. In my living room right now which is bright with all the windows open with auto brightness turned on (with it previously set to high) it's extremely dim; almost as dim as the low setting. It hurts my eyes.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I want to confirm that the screen draw lag appears to be gone!! I can now swip as fast as possible on Wordament and the phone keeps up!!

Also the camera seems to focus faster. I like that :)

Purple screen issue - resolved

So far I like this update.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Just finished the update. I didn't have any purple tinge issues so it's hard for me to figure out what changed. I do think my whites look whiter.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Here are the things I noticed. Again, it has not been long since I flashed the phone, so I am sure there are more out there:

- Purple hue in low brightness is fixed.
- The phone is quick and responds immediately. Before this, I use to have a laps in the key press sound.
- The Pink hue in the camera app is gone now.

That's all I've noticed. I am sure more to come...

wideopenlens

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I updated my lumia a few hrs ago. The purple hue is gone. Volume works when the screen is locked. The camera focuses faster but there is a circular pink/ orange halo in the middle of the frame.
:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb