Update from Nokia for purple hue etc..

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Not getting a halo but I am missing the word count in SMS. Anyone else?

It appears to be faster.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated my lumia a few hrs ago. The purple hue is gone. Volume works when the screen is locked. The camera focuses faster but there is a circular pink/ orange halo in the middle of the frame.
:confused:

Just curious, do you have a case on? If so take it off and see if the halo is still there.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Not getting a halo but I am missing the word count in SMS. Anyone else?

It appears to be faster.

For me the word count in SMS doesn't start until I reach 130 characters. I thought it was always like that though.

jimmy1one

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for checking this thoroughly. Interestingly this is exactly the way iOS auto brightness works where it tries to maintain the level the user sets under different lighting conditions.

I didn't realize this is also how WP7 was supposed to work, good to know that the Lumia now does. :)
I just received my 900 today upgrade from a sammy focus. All went very well until it notified me there was an update available. I went with the update and so far it is stuck at 6 out of 10 for 45 minutes. There may not be a problem, going to give it another hour to move to 7 of 10 then cry:mad: Everything else was more than than I could have hoped for the 4g LTE is some kind of swift, that's the fly. I hope it's just a load issue on the server because the speed is smoking otherwise

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I just received my 900 today upgrade from a sammy focus. All went very well until it notified me there was an update available. I went with the update and so far it is stuck at 6 out of 10 for 45 minutes. There may not be a problem, going to give it another hour to move to 7 of 10 then cry:mad: Everything else was more than than I could have hoped for the 4g LTE is some kind of swift, that's the fly. I hope it's just a load issue on the server because the speed is smoking otherwise
It took me over 15 mins to even get update downloaded before it would start. Once it started updating it took time but kept progressing.

Good luck.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Update was nice, fixed my proximity problem (the screen would be off when I took it away from my face; worked perfectly after I'd manually turn the screen on), volume seems to be a lot lower one 1/30 now than it previously was. I haven't tried the headset yet, but I wouldn't be suprised if those issues were worked out. I never had the purple hue problem thankfully.

I updated my lumia a few hrs ago. The purple hue is gone. Volume works when the screen is locked. The camera focuses faster but there is a circular pink/ orange halo in the middle of the frame.
:confused:

You'd probably just noticed this, it should have been there from the beginning, but it's noticable when you put it at a white surface. I went through 3 of these, and also my HTC Fuze has this. That said, it may not be all a hardware problem as the HTC HD2 had this problem back then and HTC was able to remedy it through a hotfix for Windows Mobile 6.5 then, so I wouldn't be suprised when we get an update to fix the camera on our device (auto settings, etc). I say when because Nokia seems to be pretty keen on getting things done lately as we've seen with these two quick updates from them.

jimmy1one

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
It took me over 15 mins to even get update downloaded before it would start. Once it started updating it took time but kept progressing.

Good luck.
all good this morning lte and the lumina 900 install was perfect even though my upgrade involved changing the phone number. My problem is a zune issue related to accounts not the update push. My phone is new there was no purple screen issue with my phone.

BTW my breakfast buddies who luv luv the Iphone and have never stopped talking smack watched me run a few apps then said what's the big deal it's just a phone :lol::lol:

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
How about leaving the capacitive button backlight on anytime the screen is on... is that in there? I'm tired of poking at those buttons in the dark!

This is my only complaint with the 900! It makes no sense for the "buttons" to go off while the screen is still lit!! I read that this is not the case on the Titan II. I'll know soon enough, my titan 2 shipped yesterday:)

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Two things I noticed about the battery, post update:

1-The battery % reading now goes from 100% to 90%. It does not show any percentages in between.

2-usage is greater, even with screen off/idle--no background processes. I was burning 11-12% overnight. Now it is over 20%. Battery life with screen on, etc. is also worse for me, for sure.

artzznyzz

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
RE: N L 900 "blue hue" update:

Jim:
Similar experience - I did the first 'data' update way back when, & it solved that problem.

Since then I've had numerous minor complaints, but not the blue problem. When this update was announced yesterday I checked the Microsoft whats new site, liked some of the stuff, & decided to give it a try.

I had only a 811 n 56K wi-fi connection, and it hung on 6 of 10 for 1.5 hours, & was still hung +8 hours later when I awoke.

After checking the error messages, knowledge base, etc. I merely rebooted & restarted the update (still on the 56K wi-fi connection) and it worked fine, about 25 minutes to completion, with no problems.

So, after all that, the phone works, seems 'snappier', maybe more responsive to touch input, and the map centering seems quicker and is much more accurate when I am indoors where it previously only picked up the location of the nearest cell tower.

BUT I have not noticed any other significant changes???

NOTE: My new OS Version number on my Settings > About is 7,10.8112.7.

WILL SOME OF YOU PLEASE POST YOUR NEW VERSION #s.

Thanks, & Regards
Arthur

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
@rdef: Hmm, Battery Saver is showing 85% right now. And my usage is spot on, about 12-13% per hour when browsing, and especially using Board Express.

But my Battery Meter (homebrew) app is working screwy. It reports battery percentage on a graph every 10 minutes. Since it reached full charge at 3:00am it was stuck on 100% till nearly an hour after I started using it this morning. Now it seems to be recording new numbers every 10. Will have to observe during the day.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

jimmy1one

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
RE: N L 900 "blue hue" update:

Jim:
Similar experience - I did the first 'data' update way back when, & it solved that problem.

Since then I've had numerous minor complaints, but not the blue problem. When this update was announced yesterday I checked the Microsoft whats new site, liked some of the stuff, & decided to give it a try.

I had only a 811 n 56K wi-fi connection, and it hung on 6 of 10 for 1.5 hours, & was still hung +8 hours later when I awoke.

After checking the error messages, knowledge base, etc. I merely rebooted & restarted the update (still on the 56K wi-fi connection) and it worked fine, about 25 minutes to completion, with no problems.

So, after all that, the phone works, seems 'snappier', maybe more responsive to touch input, and the map centering seems quicker and is much more accurate when I am indoors where it previously only picked up the location of the nearest cell tower.

BUT I have not noticed any other significant changes???

NOTE: My new OS Version number on my Settings > About is 7,10.8112.7.

WILL SOME OF YOU PLEASE POST YOUR NEW VERSION #s.

Thanks, & Regards
Arthur
thanks I'm still raving there's a party at mothers all lte 4g lumina users and a good time for all of us die hard WP users :lol:

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
@rdef, I have not noticed any unusual battery drain but I did notice that it didn't show going down to 99% when leaving it plugged in after charge complete. I also noticed it staying at 100% for a very long time and then being at 86%. So that makes sense if it doesn't show actual percentage between 90 & 100.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
@rdef, I have not noticed any unusual battery drain but I did notice that it didn't show going down to 99% when leaving it plugged in after charge complete. I also noticed it staying at 100% for a very long time and then being at 86%. So that makes sense if it doesn't show actual percentage between 90 & 100.

I'll monitor the usage again today and report back.

My meter does stay at 100% for 2-3 hours, then jumps to 90% or below. I have yet to see anything between 90 and 100.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Purple hue: Fixed
Proximity issue: Didn't have it
Alarm volume: Still super loud on 5/30
Headphone volume: Didn't test yet

Anything else to test besides battery?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
This is my only complaint with the 900! It makes no sense for the "buttons" to go off while the screen is still lit!! I read that this is not the case on the Titan II. I'll know soon enough, my titan 2 shipped yesterday:)

I never noticed the buttons being constantly lit on my previous WP devices, only when the screen itself was tapped after a pause then they would go out after a set timeout.

Anyway, the update went fine for me, purple tint and phantom button presses during speaker usage fixed. Not noticing anything else but good work on their part for this update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb