new software update

allipki

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys
today was syncing phone with zune and phone software update pop up, i did it no problem but cant find anywhere what actually they updated, any new features,
thanks

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well they definitely changed the way the battery percentage displays between 100 & 90%. Basically it doesn't. Jumps from 100 to 90 after a couple hours. Ran my phone down to around 15% last night and using Battery Meter (homebrew) I observed that the percentage displayed normally everywhere else. And it also souls percentage incrementally when charging (ie. 93-95-98-100). Only does this on discharge.

My guess is this is to quell the whiners who said their phone was not fully charging when the battery would display 98 or 99 off an overnight charge. Of course, that because the battery protection circuit cycles up down after reaching full charge. Now it will "always" show 100. Not sure if I like the solution though. Maybe locking 95 to 100 would have been better.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
mine still suffering from the WiFi issues, have to turn off cell data manually or turn WiFi off and just use cell data to get data to work. Nokia told me to reload it... Did no different. Other than that everything is working fine. Im on 7.10.8112.7 everyone else?

achesire

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
This software update is NOT working for me.
My call history ONLY shows outgoing calls (no missed or incoming)
My visual voicemail is gone (even after being reset)
I can no longer send MMS

Thanks Nokia, for nothing :mad:

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This software update is NOT working for me.
My call history ONLY shows outgoing calls (no missed or incoming)
My visual voicemail is gone (even after being reset)
I can no longer send MMS

Thanks Nokia, for nothing :mad:

Sounds like an AT&T provisioning issue to me. Did you call AT&T?

stvnAZpx

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
the update is stuck on 6 (restarting phone). not a techie here, but should i cancel the update and try later?

never mind,...i cancelled the download and started again...went much faster.

Last edited:

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
well same thing is happening to this phone that the last update did, zune gives me an error c00d070a when trying to update. This is getting on my nerves. I do not want to factory reset my damn phone every time an update comes out.

zinrai

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone's been working fine since the update, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the phone now goes through a shutdown sequence when the battery gets low. For example, before the update, the phone would simply shut off without saying "goodbye".

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, one thing I've notice about the new update is, when taking picture of close object(dark enough to trigger the flashlight), the camera sometimes fail to adjust brightness, and I'm getting a nearly all white, extremely over exposed picture. It didn't happen before the update.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My phone's been working fine since the update, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the phone now goes through a shutdown sequence when the battery gets low. For example, before the update, the phone would simply shut off without saying "goodbye".

That's a pretty good question, I'm too afraid to try it out after reading some people's lumias getting bricked from deep drains. I'd hope that this one fixed that since they did do an adjustment with the batter inregards to the increments from 100 to 90 when discharging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs