Second Replacement !!!

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Last Monday my phone died and would not turn on. I had to go to the ATT store to get it replaced, 5 minutes ago the same thing hapened ....... I am fast losing faith in my phone. Am I the only one experiencing this ??????? :straight: :mad:

dc116

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you try to reset it? I recently had mine "die" for a while after I successfully updated the firmware. I turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on or charge or anything. Then I held down the power button for... 30 seconds at least. After I released the button my phone came back to life. Had no other problems with the phone before or since.

Here's the official word I got from Nokia support:
In response to your concern about your Nokia Lumia 900, we suggest that you refer to the following steps below to turn on your phone:

1) Connect/Disconnect the device to the charger for a few times.
2) Please perform a Reset on your phone by pressing and holding the power button for ~10 seconds.
3) Plug the device to a PC using a USB cable and keep it there for 20 minutes.

Furthermore, if your phone was unable to turn on, we suggest that you try to get in touch with your point of purchase for further assistance.

hope that helps!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My second Lumia died on me. I put it in Flight mode when I got on a plane after take off I tried to turn it back on it wouldn't go past the Rethink Possible screen. I travel a lot I just can't take the chance that is why I have the T2 now.

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
So... My replacement Lumia keeps turning off and the only way to get it to turn back on is to press the power button for about 1 minute.... I'm getting really frustrated by this. Does anyone know if I can get a different type of phone I need my phone on 24/7 for business reasons and really can't afford not knowing if my phone is on or off.... Anyone???

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me only once. If you hold down the down volume and power button at the same time it does a soft reset.

If this has happened to you so often, are you sure you aren't carrying it somehow where the power button gets held in or something? A bad case or a tight pocket? We picked up five 900's on launch day and only I had this issue once.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...If this has happened to you so often, are you sure you aren't carrying it somehow where the power button gets held in or something? A bad case or a tight pocket? We picked up five 900's on launch day and only I had this issue once.

That's a good point. This pocket warning came on my Trophy:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-discussion/180214.htm

They are making phones so darn thin now, it doesn't take much pressure to flex the whole phone. I work construction and i see guys get new phones, put it in their pocket and they pull it out at lunch, and it has a cracked screen.

Just a couple of weeks ago, a guy I was working with was complaining about his new Motorola Atrix constantly rebooting, losing his contacts, etc...I told him to stop carrying it in his pocket because it might be flexing when he squats down. He followed my advice and he hasn't had a problem with it since.

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I'm not pressing the power button. Yesterday itturned off twice while on my hand replying to an email and a third time while setting it up after a reset.... Lost all confidence on this particular nokia model.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Odd behavior. Probably a bad power connection or (hopefully not) water damage. My pre-launch L900 is still going strong. No random power offs or resets to date.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure I'm not pressing the power button. Yesterday itturned off twice while on my hand replying to an email and a third time while setting it up after a reset.... Lost all confidence on this particular nokia model.

Then I would return it. Maybe try a Samsung or HTC.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Frankly though statistically since this isn't happening all over the place but it's happened to you twice, logic would point to something you are doing unconsciously.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's your solution - send your Lumia in for warranty repair, I'll send you my Focus S, you send me the repaired Lumia.

There you go. You get a reliable phone and I get a "new" Lumia.

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Well..... im on my 4th Nokia how is that for me subconsciously doing something to the phone... my third replacement was worst than the other two.
on the third one after about typing 3 or 4 sentences my phone would vibrate and the voice search would come on and if i tried to watch a video the it would randomly go in to the multitasking mode....
Now ATT is suggesting that I pay for an early upgrade so I can get a diffrent phone. That's BS.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Well..... im on my 4th Nokia how is that for me subconsciously doing something to the phone... my third replacement was worst than the other two.
on the third one after about typing 3 or 4 sentences my phone would vibrate and the voice search would come on and if i tried to watch a video the it would randomly go in to the multitasking mode....
Now ATT is suggesting that I pay for an early upgrade so I can get a diffrent phone. That's BS.

What was your last phone, before the Lumia?

Any carrier will cut you off at a certain point with returns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05