WP7.8 coming to Lumia 900 in a matter of weeks?!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That would be great new if it happens. This could make it interesting for people waiting to get a Windows Phone 8 device. Get a taste of whats to come now or wait 4 to 5 months to get the real deal.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
RT @NokiaUS @mikemacias The camera goodies and flip-to-silent are coming in the next few weeks. The home screen date hasn't been announced.

So from reading through the tweets, Lumia users will start getting a series of updates leading up to 7.8? Hey, that's cool with me.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
More good news for Lumia users. WP7.8 won't be the last update we will get:

"Further updates coming

Elsewhere, you may have read about the new Windows Phone 8. How does this affect your Lumia? Well, you are not being left out. All Lumia smartphones will be getting an update to give you some of the features of Windows Phone 8, including the new Start screen, as well as a pattern of ongoing updates going forward."

New Nokia apps & Zynga games to make your Lumia even better – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
As a 900 owner, I'm happy. I believe that ms and Nokia will do everything they can do make our devices as close to wp8 as possible.
I'm sure people would be less upset if they had one update called wp8, but with variable features dependant on hardware...oh who am I kidding, its in people's nature to get upset.
Oh and, "flip to silent?" I hadn't heard that was coming.

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure people would be less upset if they had one update called wp8, but with variable features dependant on hardware...

If they did this, no one would be pissed. I dont understand how they didnt follow Apples format.

Is Nokia the new Sega? Is the L900 the Dreamcast of phones?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If they did this, no one would be pissed. I dont understand how they didnt follow Apples format.

Is Nokia the new Sega? Is the L900 the Dreamcast of phones?

Both the 900 and Dreamcast are bad*** and aren't having as long of lifespan as they should have. YES I know it isn't EOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb