06-27-2012 02:21 PM
38 12
tools
    Anybody who buys a Windows Phone right now is clearly insane or misinformed. Or both. There is no other way how to put it.
    06-27-2012 04:28 AM
    Anybody who buys a Windows Phone right now is clearly insane or misinformed. Or both. There is no other way how to put it.
    Actually, someone who is not into tech that much but wants a phone which delivers some great features can get the Lumia 900 for a great price. I mean, WP 7.5 is enough for the average consumer.
    06-27-2012 06:14 AM
    Actually, someone who is not into tech that much but wants a phone which delivers some great features can get the Lumia 900 for a great price. I mean, WP 7.5 is enough for the average consumer.
    What if the average consumer wants a working Skype application? What if he wants to play Angry Birds Space? What if he wants a working IM application (and the build in Facebook chat is anything but reliable)? What if he wants a notification center?

And I could go on... Now don't get me wrong, I love WP but there are lots of things WP is missing. And the promise has always been "well, those things will come with Apollo". Well guess what, they won't.

If Android wasn't such crap I'd switch to it right now. Oh well, maybe the new iPhone will finally have a bigger screen and I can get that.
    06-27-2012 07:19 AM
    People are still complaining about a notification center? I wonder why my tiles are LIVE.
    06-27-2012 08:40 AM
    The majority of Smartphone users (I would consider them average) have never installed an app, or have installed fewer than 5. So unless their three app selections are a new Angry Birds, Skype and IM, I think they will be just fine.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    palandri and Nataku4ca like this.
    06-27-2012 09:50 AM
    The majority of Smartphone users (I would consider them average) have never installed an app, or have installed fewer than 5. So unless their three app selections are a new Angry Birds, Skype and IM, I think they will be just fine.

Sounds like my wife. She has CNN, Angry Birds and Weather installed on her phone and that's all she needs to be 100% happy.
    Nataku4ca likes this.
    06-27-2012 09:58 AM
    Sounds like my wife. She has CNN, Angry Birds and Weather installed on her phone and that's all she needs to be 100% happy.
    Wholly crap Batman. I can quote again! New Board Express update just pushed out. Go fetch it. .That only took a month.

06-27-2012 10:06 AM
    "Anybody who chooses to buy a Windows Phone right now should be informed as to why that might not be a great idea, but if they understand that and are okay with it, they should do what they want since this is a free country and we can exercise free will without being insane or misinformed."

So, that's like... one way you could have put it I guess. >> But no, it's cool, keep calling new WP7 customers insane. That's fine.
    Nataku4ca likes this.
    06-27-2012 10:14 AM
    People are still complaining about a notification center? I wonder why my tiles are LIVE.
    OK, and what do you do, if you miss one of the (unreliable on top of that) toast notifications for an app you do not have pinned? Or you have it pinned at the bottom and miss it because there is no place where you can see them at once? Or the application does not have a live tile or the damn live tile just stopped working?

Please, I know we are all fanboys here, but anybody with a grasp of reality knows the seriousness of the situation. And the fact that we love WP should not be a reason to overlook its shortcomings. That does not help anybody.

We are the ones that pushed this platform when nobody else gave a **** about it. And the fact is, we have been screwed over by Microsoft. Now, I am able to see pass that, because I realize that they had to do that. But that does not mean I will smile and just bend over. You can put as many raisins in a turd as you want, it will still be a turd. Even if the raisins are made by Microsoft. And that's what WP 7.8 is. A pimped out turd of an update.
    06-27-2012 10:37 AM

Your argument is invalid because it only applies to you. What if the 5 apps I want to install are Instagram, Cut the Rope or any other app or game that is missing on WP?

And then there is another problem with apps that do exist but simply suck compared to iOS or Android. For example Viber or Skype - and those will ALWAYS suck on WP 7.x because of the system limitations.

So please stop being a fanboy and get real. WP7 is great. But it is far from perfect.
    06-27-2012 10:44 AM
    Your argument is invalid because it only applies to you. What if the 5 apps I want to install are Instagram, Cut the Rope or any other app or game that is missing on WP?

And then there is another problem with apps that do exist but simply suck compared to iOS or Android. For example Viber or Skype - and those will ALWAYS suck on WP 7.x because of the system limitations.

So please stop being a fanboy and get real. WP7 is great. But it is far from perfect.
    umm... ok I tried to stay out of this conversation, but I have to say this... I have viber on mine and it works exactly the same as the ones on iOS that my gf has and android my friend has... whats the problem? are you using some advanced feature that I'm not using? (I just make calls with it)
    06-27-2012 01:06 PM
    umm... ok I tried to stay out of this conversation, but I have to say this... I have viber on mine and it works exactly the same as the ones on iOS that my gf has and android my friend has... whats the problem? are you using some advanced feature that I'm not using? (I just make calls with it)
    That is amazing, especially considering that voice is not yet supported on WP...

Anyway, notifications don't always work, messages are not being sent... Just check the Marketplace reviews and you will see all the issues people have.
    06-27-2012 01:29 PM
    That is amazing, especially considering that voice is not yet supported on WP...

Anyway, notifications don't always work, messages are not being sent... Just check the Marketplace reviews and you will see all the issues people have.
    ok, my mistake, i mistaked it for tango, too many voip apps on my phone...
    06-27-2012 02:21 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD