Lumia 900 DEAD!

got3n

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
So I usually let my battery get under 5% before I start to charge it, well it just so happens that it got there mid day while I was out about to go tubing on the river, so I left it in the car and knew it would power down by the time I got back, I've run the battery down many times before, so I thought nothing of it. Got home later that night and plugged it in, it did some weird stuff, kept booting to the ATT logo and then just sat there, about 10 minutes later it would power down, stay that way for another 10 minutes or so and attempt to boot up again, once again getting stuck at the ATT logo. So I thought maybe there wasnt enough juice to boot all the way, left it plugged in over night and woke up the next morning and it was still doing the same thing. Took the device off the charger (the one that came in the box) and tried to boot up that way and I got a red battery icon, it would boot only to the ATT logo and just sit there.

Tried to do any reset I could find and still nothing. I've had it since launch day and this is the first issue I have had with the phone, so I took it to an ATT store in hopes they could fix the issue, but as soon as I told them its been more than 30 days I had a horrible feeling, BUT they sent me to one of their device support centers and the guy said he was going to try to do a wipe of the device and what not. 15 minutes later he came out and said he had no idea what was going on with the phone and was unable to repair it, so at this point im thinking now I have to send it to nokia to get a new one and gonna be without a phone for a few days....NOPE the tech said "since I couldn't fix it, I just put your sim in a new phone" and he hands it to me...so at first I was royally pissed but ATT made it all better. I have never really liked ATT customer service wise but they have recently moved up my ranks in the customer service dept.

Sorry just had to vent and if you run into your phone not booting past the ATT logo then save yourself hours of troubleshooting and just get it replaced.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
There is a thread over at XDA with some users having the same experience when running their phones down to zero. But like you, no consistency (works ok some time). Until the bug (and fix) are confirmed, I would avoid it. Unless you like hard resetting/dealing with CS often.

Glad AT&T resolved your problem though. Good deal.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

got3n

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
There's no reason to wait until your battery is at 5% before charging.

My roommate got the phone the same day I did and he charges his much much sooner, usually around 20-30% and his battery lasts like 24 hours or just over and he barely uses it, i use mine more and I get avg 40-48 hours on a full charge. So I like to keep that going as much as possible.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My roommate got the phone the same day I did and he charges his much much sooner, usually around 20-30% and his battery lasts like 24 hours or just over and he barely uses it, i use mine more and I get avg 40-48 hours on a full charge. So I like to keep that going as much as possible.

I can't explain the difference in battery usage between you two, but I do know that the 900 comes with a lithium ion battery. Li-ion batteries do not suffer from memory effect meaning it doesn't matter whether you charge it at 5% or at 30%.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
My phone never dies, let alone go below 30%. When I'm in the car its always on the charger. Doesn't matter even if it's at 90%. Before going to bed it stays on the charger overnight. You never know when you're phone will be using extra juice, beyond your normal daily usage. Why worry how long it will hold a charge between charges? Just plug it in when you can. These batteries are only meant to have a lifespan of about 2 years. If the battery dies under a year, its still cover under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss