Got my Lumia 900 today...

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
So far I love it. I'm coming from webOS and the UI is really fluid and easy to use. I'm still getting used to this soft keyboard but it's not bad. I've downloaded Netflix and a couple other apps but anything else I should get?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad you are enjoying your L900. So many apps to choose from. Depends on your needs. You can try Mehdoh for Twitter. Weave for RRS feeds. USA Today for news. Weather Channel for weather. Board Express Pro (now that they fixed it) to post in these and other forums. Clever-To-Do for tasks. Pro Sports Scores and/or Sports Scores (I use both) for up to date major league and college scores. Adobe Reader to view PDFs. You can can start by browsing top free apps in Marketplace. Anything with 4-5 stars and 40+ reviews is worthy of your time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I recommend ESPN and ESPN Scorecenter for sports. Those are both Nokia exclusive apps. Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps, and Nokia Transit are great for maps, voice guided turn by turn navigation and bus/train travel.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

yeeshy

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Pro Sports Scores and/or Sports Scores for up to date major league and college scores. Adobe Reader to view PDFs. You can can start by browsing top free apps in Marketplace.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Wordament is a fun free word search game that you play against folks all over the world. It's great to play in short spurts when you're bored, since a game only lasts 2 minutes.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Wordament is a fun free word search game that you play against folks all over the world. It's great to play in short spurts when you're bored, since a game only lasts 2 minutes.

Wordament is rarely a short game for me. I find it to be very addictive.

Sent from my {HTC Trophy} using Board Express

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Wordament. Never used it until I got the Lumia, now I'm addicted.

Few other apps I have installed :

Microsoft Weather - Clean, live tiles, never fails me, free.

WP7 News & Weave - Great news readers

WP Central App - Must have.

Damn You Autocorrect - Fun to pop in and see what's new.

USA Today, CNN, ESPN, and NFL Live - For sports/news updates.

Gooroovester - To play my Google Music stuff - I'm big on keeping stuff "in the cloud".

Flixster - Best for movie times

Podcasts! Pro - For when Zune doesn't update quick enough - this has new podcasts right away.

Lock Screen + - Great backgrounds, worth the buck.

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Well...you guys got me hooked on Wordament now...lol

BTW if any of you ever played brick breaker on a Blackberry, there's a free version in the marketplace and it's much better...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12