Speck Case for Lumia 900

Boomwaller

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep the candy shell ones would look nice as well. I will let you know as soon as it arrives with pics of it on the device. Also nice seeing a more Apple case company making cases for the Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 610.

Boomwaller

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the price is a bit steep, but if you have an Amazon Prime account you can get 2 day shipping, or even through Speck's site they offer free shipping. After a few days of use with the case, I have to say it feels top notch.

Also it is two pieces and it snaps on, it fits the phone like a glove and feels more sturdy then other cases I have used. Best thing is lent and other particles don't seem to get stuck to the phone or case when putting the phone in your pocket.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks great to me. I have the gel case and I also have the Otterbox Commuter, which is a nice case but it makes the phone feel really huge. I'd like something in-between and this may be it.

Boomwaller

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
All right to answer the question about the size. I was in the same boat as you had the black gel case and the ballistic case which is pretty bulky. This case is a very happy medium between the two not a ton of bulk, but still enough there for you to set the phone face down and not worry about scratching it.

I will post some pics of the case with higher res camera (to show the bulk or lack thereof).

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't help myself and ended up buying this case. It fits perfectly, it's a two piece design, the front and back halves snap together. They snap very tightly, and tough to take off, so I don't think this case would even come off if you dropped the phone.

It's not too bulky, it looks great, a really nice addition to cases for the Lumia 900.

Here are some photos:

IMG_00285.jpg

IMG_00286.jpg

IMG_00287.jpg

IMG_00288.jpg

IMG_00289.jpg

IMG_00290.jpg

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
VERY nice.. I like.

May have to get one of these.

My only concern would be the fabric. It looks like the kind of thing that would quickly pick up dirt and grime.

Does it come in any other colors/styles? If I could get something like that, only with a darker color or pattern, like navy blue or brown I'd probably buy one.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
That is the only color/style right now. My wife has had a fitted case on her iPhone 4S since she got that phone which was 4 months ago and hers still looks good. I would imagine if you handle your phone with very dirty hands often it will definitely get grimy.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
That is the only color/style right now. My wife has had a fitted case on her iPhone 4S since she got that phone which was 4 months ago and hers still looks good. I would imagine if you handle your phone with very dirty hands often it will definitely get grimy.

So it is actual cloth/fabric? Can you tell if it's like polyester or synthetic, or if it's something natural, like cotton or canvas?

Sorry for all the questions. I like this thing, I'm definitely interested. I wonder if some scotch guard wouldn't help keep it clean...

My hands aren't filthy, I'm not a mechanic or anything, I'm white collar, but still I notice that even my neoprene bumper case I have is getting dingy on the edges now. It's just something that's going to happen to anything that gets handled A LOT.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems like actual fabric, what type I really couldn't tell you. I would imagine it will get dirty over time. You may be able to keep it nice for a while but eventually I'm sure it will end up picking up some dirt and I have no idea about cleaning it, I'd be really careful with that because it's possible that trying to clean the fabric may ruin it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786