Broken Screen

brent7

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I preordered a Lumia 900 for myself and got another one for my mother in May. My mother's L900 took an unfortunate fall and received a spider web crack in the screen. Yes, it was concrete, but the fall was no more than 2-3 feet. My phone, on the other hand, has taken several heart-stopping tumbles, but always looked like new after a dust-off. I know any phone screen is breakable, but I expected more out of gorilla glass. Has anyone with a similar experience been able to get a replacement phone from AT&T or Nokia?

No, it did not have a case. That's the most heart-wrenching thing about this ordeal. The case she ordered from Amazon was waiting on her doorstep when she got home that day. I have replaced a few iPhone screens in my day. But, I was shocked by the price of replacement screens (of unknown quality) for the L900. I could almost buy a new or slightly used phone off eBay for that much.

I know I'm probably SOL. Worst case, I'll give her my Lumia, go back to my Focus, and wait patiently for WP8 :).

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I preordered a Lumia 900 for myself and got another one for my mother in May. My mother's L900 took an unfortunate fall and received a spider web crack in the screen. Yes, it was concrete, but the fall was no more than 2-3 feet. My phone, on the other hand, has taken several heart-stopping tumbles, but always looked like new after a dust-off. I know any phone screen is breakable, but I expected more out of gorilla glass. Has anyone with a similar experience been able to get a replacement phone from AT&T or Nokia?

No, it did not have a case. That's the most heart-wrenching thing about this ordeal. The case she ordered from Amazon was waiting on her doorstep when she got home that day. I have replaced a few iPhone screens in my day. But, I was shocked by the price of replacement screens (of unknown quality) for the L900. I could almost buy a new or slightly used phone off eBay for that much.

I know I'm probably SOL. Worst case, I'll give her my Lumia, go back to my Focus, and wait patiently for WP8 :).
Gorilla glass is hard, which make it scratch resistant, but it does not change the fact that glass are brittle, Gorilla glass wasn't invented to resist impact. Actually, a much harder crystal wine glass is even more brittle than normal glass. Just wanted to point this out.

And... Sorry for the screen, but I don't think you'll be able to get a replacement phone free of charge for this though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)