An interesting trip

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got back from a week in Washington DC and a couple cool things happened.

The first was I had several people recognized my phone (black L900 in a cyan case) and questioned me about it. One woman told me that she couldn?t decide between the 900 and an iphone 4S but after spending some time with my phone she said she was going to get the Nokia.

I also got to experience LTE for a week. I live in metro Detroit and LTE isn?t available here yet. It?s kind of hard to go back to fake 4G. :dry

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Glad you survived the heat!

I hope you get LTE in Detroit soon. It's available in Cleveland and in Akron. I noticed the faster speeds immediately when it went live here.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I also have constant LTE in Cleveland. I don't notice any difference in battery life compared to before I had LTE.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have constant lte in st Louis and my battery lasts ok. It doesn't drain nearly as fast as my other phones that just had 3g and 4g, but that may also be due to at&t having strong and consistent signals

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has LTE partially covering my area. For the most part it is blazing fast. I don't notice horrible battery life in a good 4G area, but if 4G reception is poor or non-existent battery life is pretty bad. I don't have 4G at work or home so I turn it off in those areas.

Sent from my Rezound

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Is the battery life much different on LTE?

I can't honestly answer that. I used my phone a lot more there than I usually do. I couldn't get through the day without having to recharge but I was constantly on it. It get's boring on the convention floor, thank god they furnished charging stations for everyone's cell phones and tablets.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
LTE battery life seems to be about the same as "regular" coverage. Disney here in FL. has LTE coverage in the parks and you know how that is. You spend all day there. I use the Lumia as my main camera anytime we're at Disney so it's being used a lot. Lasted all day and into the night. Had about 20% left when I got home, late.
-joe-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss