My Lumia will not stop vibrating!!

afikaris09

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The phone is stuck in the sleep/black screen and will not stop vibrating. It was just sitting on the table next to me and it started the vibration and still has not stopped. I am unable to wake the phone up or turn it off/on!

Is there anyway to manually restart the phone? Hold power/volume key? Pop out the Sim Card? Anything? Lol is this a new one or has anyone had this happen to them before? I must say if this is a first I am almost not even mad. Well, I guess a little mad since the ATT store is closed for the night so I have to go without a phone/vibrator for the night...

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You can do a reset by holding all 4 buttons on the right edge of the phone for 5-10 seconds. See if that does the trick..

afikaris09

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
You can do a reset by holding all 4 buttons on the right edge of the phone for 5-10 seconds. See if that does the trick..
That let me restart the phone after the vibrating stopped. While it was vibrating, though, the phone would not respond to the reset. Weird, but it is working for now. I guess. Maybe I see a Galaxy S III in my future..

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
That let me restart the phone after the vibrating stopped. While it was vibrating, though, the phone would not respond to the reset. Weird, but it is working for now. I guess. Maybe I see a Galaxy S III in my future..

That's a plan. Because as everybody knows, Samsung nor android has EVER has any kind of a hardware or software problem. /end sarcasm

Freedom Gnat

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
i have bought 1 lumia 720, i am contented with it's aspect but after 2 using week i were depressed about it.
the first fault : it turned off suddenly without any reason .
and second fault : it vibration non stop even i turned off power.

who know how to fix these faults and reason of them? please contact with me :crying:

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

dnqxote

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if OP and others have found the solution - but it seems Windows Phones do this (keep on vibrating in short bursts) if they are charging while off.
I turned my 810 on while charging and then it stopped vibrating.
Odd, but I'll let it slide.

anon(6107396)

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
This always happens to me on my lumia 620 I do a soft reset by holding down DOWN VOLUME key and POWER key. This will make your phone restart.:excited:

personeatingdonuts

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
my lumia 520 vibrates when i touch windows button,back button,search and power button..how to stop it
:unhappysweat:

If your Lumia doesn't respond to light reset(volume buttons and power button) Then you can try a more effective reset... Taking your battery out while it heavily vibrating and then rebooting the phone.

sharmar

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi this exact thing is happening to me I have tried all of your methods and it doesn't work. I also only have three buttons on the side as this phone is a Lumia 530. I am really worried please can you help me?:straight::straight:

pa990203

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi this exact thing is happening to me I have tried all of your methods and it doesn't work. I also only have three buttons on the side as this phone is a Lumia 530. I am really worried please can you help me?:straight::straight:

My phone just now did this...I was online and all of a sudden it started a constant vibrate and got very very hot, none of my buttons worked so I took the battery out for a minute then turned it back on and so far its fine...still has me quite concerened though...

pa990203

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
My phone just now did this...I was online and all of a sudden it started a constant vibrate and got very very hot, none of my buttons worked so I took the battery out for a minute then turned it back on and so far its fine...still has me quite concerened though...

**concerned**

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium