Is Nokia ever going to fix the Lumia 900 camera?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You know whats the biggest joke? None of this photos are even edited. Its stock from its camera app thats how powerful the carl zeiss optics is. This is my personal experience with all the mobile phones in the market. Android and iphone can never win a mobile phone with a carl zeiss lens.

No the biggest joke is that you'd rather keep posting the same pics over and over again and jizzing all over Carl Zeiss instead of simply giving people some useful information so they can take better pictures. :lol:

Windowsphone7

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
No the biggest joke is that you'd rather keep posting the same pics over and over again and jizzing all over Carl Zeiss instead of simply giving people some useful information so they can take better pictures. :lol:

I don't understand why you keep posting the same photo ? I notice my photos are all different. Try prevent yourself keep posting the same photo that simple or don't post.

For a smart *** like u the title of this thread is how to fix? Not how to take better photos learn how to read English. Don't simply flame ppl because you have lack of intelligence. I have posted many useful information on my blog and ppl that pm.

Lastly people condemning the camera and you want me to give tips? Sorry to offend your intelligence does that make sense? If the ppl believe the camera is at fault change the camera you don't need tips to understand that you might right?

Just for the sake I give you a tip if u feel strongly the camera is at fault change the camera simple?

Not happy go play with your android and iPhone and brag how you love the cam there.

Cheers

Last edited:

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No, he's not interested in actually helping anyone take better pics.

He's rather just keep posting pics he allegedly took from a 900 and gushing about the Carl Zeiss lens and acting like everyone else is an idiot if their pics don't look like his.

In the photo thread he did mention some tips on how he achieved some of his photos.

reduce/increase Exposure

I've tried it out, and it works to some degree for me. But that still doesn't change the fact of both arguements imo. The hardware is there, the Carl Zeiss stuff works well when the settings are right, leaving it up to MS/Nokia to do something about how the software interprets the photo being taken. I've taken some horrible photos on auto, and really nice ones on auto, and lots of mediocre and sub-par photos on auto and with manual settings. I've also seen other members post some nice photos in the photo thread, and a lot of others that just do the opposite justifying a further need for the software to be tuned.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I got a HTC One X even the camera better than your S but its worse than Nokia Lumia 900 camera quality.

The S and the X share the same camera hardware and software. The lumia might have better camera hardware but the software sucks, I can pull my HTC, open the camera app, take a quick photo in less than a second and it will look great where with the lumia it takes around 3 seconds just to focus and still I get a crappy picture unless I play with the camera settings.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Haha, i am glad somebody else noticed this too. I've seen all these pictures, but no helpful tips. I read through the stickied thread as well and didnt really see any tips besides general suggestions like "adjust this and that". Well ya, how bout more specifics, adjust this for what situation. For some of the pictures, how bout list your settings? Nope, wont do it.

The tip i did get via PM was to do what somebody else said in the thread which was change the ISO to 100. I guess that is the magical wisdom, obviously, it is not simple as that.

As i read and see more, i am believing more that this is a marketing person from nokia or something.

No, he's not interested in actually helping anyone take better pics.

He's rather just keep posting pics he allegedly took from a 900 and gushing about the Carl Zeiss lens and acting like everyone else is an idiot if their pics don't look like his.

He did imply earlier that if you PM him and kiss his *** as the god of Lumia photography though, he might bless you with some of his magical wisdom.

Personally, I don't take many pics with my phone anyway, I only do it for reference now, like to remind me of something etc. I've given up actually getting "keeper" pics out of this phone. But I've never really had a phone that took good pictures, so this is nothing new.

I'm not going to prostrate myself before Windowsphone7 and beg for the magic ISO settings. Clearly Nokia is doing it wrong when the cameras on the top phones on the market take great pics out of the box without any secret tips required.

I'm patient. I'll stick with my excellent digital camera for now when I need a pic that's actually in focus and that looks good. The next phone I buy will probably have PureView which I'm sure will take excellent pics without a photography course being required.

Windowsphone7

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha you guys are cute. What you focus expands. Now become marketing gimic. Time to grow up if i put watermark someone will said i edit. Now without watermark become marketing gimic see how predictable. I rest my case haha. Ill enjoy taking my photos and do enjoy finding fault with the camera.

Conclusion if you think that is a problem with the camera change it. Since you think its a marketing gimic do consult android with manufacturer like samsung and HTC on how to market their camera too hahahaha

Nokia N8 @ Dragonfly by JTproductions, on Flickr

Windowsphone7

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The S and the X share the same camera hardware and software. The lumia might have better camera hardware but the software sucks, I can pull my HTC, open the camera app, take a quick photo in less than a second and it will look great where with the lumia it takes around 3 seconds just to focus and still I get a crappy picture unless I play with the camera settings.

I do agree it indeed fast i am using a HTC One X the only issue when you view the photo on the phone it looks alright and view the photos on the computer there is totally no good image quality at all when Lumia 900 isnt that fast but it have the image quality from my opinion.

Another thing i shot side by side HTC One X and Nokia LUmia 900 the close up of the Lumia 900 is very close when the HTC One X end up blur.

The hardware is amazing just the software is not that brush up yet. Lets hope windows phone 8 they will fix this

HTC One X @ Night Photography by JTproductions, on Flickr

HTC One X @ Random by JTproductions, on Flickr

HTC One X @ Abstract by JTproductions, on Flickr

HTC One X @ Night Photography by JTproductions, on Flickr

HTC One X @ Flowers by JTproductions, on Flickr

Everyone said the photos looks great but try look closer you notice the noise visible in the image depends on your level of observation to ppl that marketing for android might not see it.

If you notice i didnt post any bee of the HTC One X its not because i dont want the camera cant even focus at the bee out of the burst shot not even 1 is clear unlike the ones taken by lumias and n8 it can focus

Last edited:

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Care to explain this photos? I confuse is the camera have problem or the user cant adept to advance technology because his skill is up to amateur standard aka point and shoot like an amateur for iphone? If you think thats the case please get an iphone.

[URL=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7140/7561323474_997600aabd_c.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]
Nokia Lumia 900 @ Flowers by JTproductions, on Flickr

[URL=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8160/7561361802_c37154d068_c.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]
Nokia Lumia 900 @ Flowers with Spider by JTproductions, on Flickr

[URL=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7275/7536741370_fc6532d593_b.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]
Nokia Lumia 900 @ London the Summer Musical 2012 by JTproductions, on Flickr

[URL=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7256/7411983600_a62e31acc0_c.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]
Nokia Lumia 900 @ Purple Flower by JTproductions, on Flickr

[URL=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8281/7492139428_3605e9b52b_c.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]
Nokia Lumia 900 @ Orange Dragonfly by JTproductions, on Flickr

[URL=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7278/7472765350_aa58517f01_c.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]
Nokia Lumia 900 @ Waterdrops by JTproductions, on Flickr

[URL=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8155/7460015222_bb9d3ff436_c.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]
Nokia Lumia 900 @ Rain effect by JTproductions, on Flickr

More photos view the flickr btw all the photos are straight uploaded to flickr no edit AT ALL.
Nokia Lumia 900 Camera Gallery - a set on Flickr

These are pretty awesome pictures you took with the NL900. It shows that the device can take some damn good pictures and it's me being impatient with the camera clicks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre