OK so I wrote Mr. Elop about the Network Setup app

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I told him I love the phone but it's sad to not have its full functionality on Straight Talk's network. (I mentioned not being able to send group or picture texts without that app) He wrote me back this morning and said he apologizes for the problem and will get his team working on it. #classy

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Thats cool that you got a response. With the level of customer service that Nokia provides I can wait to see where they are around this time next year. I would bet the headlines will be completely different.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's cool that he responded but if it's really him, it sounds as if he has no idea that Nokia already announced that the app will be in the market place starting next week (unless they lie again, of course). Sounds like a very generic response.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, today I got the email that my case was elevated. Yeah... Hoping to get that. That would make the phone that..much..better.

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I hope its the International version of the app and not the crappy US version. The US version programs all the MVNO sims with the same internet/mms settings as the network provider. In other words, you're stuck with the ATT proxy/mms settings with a Straight Talk Sim so you can't get MMS.The international version allows you to manually enter and edit your internet/mms settings to anything you want. I just had to reflash my Lumia 800 RM-819 with the international firmware so I could get the International version of the Network setup app.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Titan and a 900 right now....which ever one gets Straight Talk support first is the one I will carry. HTC is telling me the Connection Setup app will hit in August with ST support so we'll see.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
the conversations I've had with higher tier support have told me it is coming in August. Meanwhile, they are sending me Purity earbuds for the hassle. They want me to write Mr. Elop back to get the case closed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs