Nokia Lumia 900 Carl Zeiss Metal Scratch!

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks,
Well this upsetting, I took off my nokia lumia 900 case for 5 minutes, placed it on a table, picked it up and found out that the metal area by the camera is all scratched!!
Does anyone know of a solution on how to remove those scratches? they are really annoying specially when you take extreme care of your phone , and you place it on a flat smooth surface and it gets ridiculous amounts of scratches.
Nokia really disappointed me with their hardware quality in the Lumia 900,(not to mention the dozen lumia 900 phones I went through to get a working one http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-900/190965.htm) I mean how hard it is to make really solid hardware like the ipohne or the Samsung, nokia has been in the phone business more than both.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My camera bar is scratched too. I have a case now but the damage has already been done. I read that turtle wax could get rid of chrome scratches so I gave it a shot. Sadly, no noticeable improvements. I'm gonna keep an eye out for other suggestions that don't involve buffering the chrome.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
they need to leave this off the next phone. It would be cooler to see Carl Zeiss etched into the polycarbonate than the silly bar.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
My camera bar is scratched too. I have a case now but the damage has already been done. I read that turtle wax could get rid of chrome scratches so I gave it a shot. Sadly, no noticeable improvements. I'm gonna keep an eye out for other suggestions that don't involve buffering the chrome.

I was gonna try one of those was solutions, oh well. but thanks

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I had mine without a case, and just pocketed it for a good month or 2. The scratches I got were very tiny, not really noticable until you reflect light on it. I think it gives the Lumia a nice flare, but they could have gone with a brushed finish instead of chrome glossy. I now have a case that elevates it. Sadly, once there are scratches you can get rid of them. What you can do is try to minimize their appearance. My eye doctor said try applying some pledge to my scratch glasses, it'll fill in the scratches to make it less noticable, so you might want ot try that, but those scratches are there for good. What annoys me is how easily the metal lip around the glass can be dented. I've got quite a few dents in it, and one is particularly noticable.... wish they kept the curved glass.

hossiam

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
A buffing wheel worked on my stainless sink, only minor scratches. Get some rubbing compound from an automotive store it may do the job. You may accidentally hit the glass of your camera, all rubbing compounds are abrasive so be careful.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I new of this issue, but they didn't have any cases at the store when I bought my 900, so I left the plastic on it with the intention of removing it when the case came in. Anyhow, new case is waiting at home, but the stupid plastic strip came off this morning and the chrome is scratched already. :'(

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes it gets scratched very easily.
As a Nokia N9 owner i knew this right away so didn't remove the protection on my Lumia 900 and after 2 weeks put piece of leftover screen protector that i made to fit the chrome strip.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm past the point of caring, I just learned to live with it. It's a shame because the rest of the phones quality is so great. What was Nokia thinking when they designed this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm past the point of caring, I just learned to live with it. It's a shame because the rest of the phones quality is so great. What was Nokia thinking when they designed this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Same here, my next windows phone is going to be a Samsung, I 've never seen a Samsung phone with a bad quality design, they all seem to be excellent, I had more than 1 bad experiences with Nokia hardware (replaced 6 phones, 4 for me and 2 for my wife to get working ones, then after I got the perfect one, it got scratched like that).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss