With speech on and settings on Bluetooth and headphones, I used to enjoy listening to music and be alerted when a text or call came in. It stopped about 4 days ago. Now if I have a wired headset plugged in, it doesn't interrupt the music nor even alert me of an incoming call or text.
    What's more, using speech to launch an app or start a phone call no longer gives me the confirmation message of 'calling so and so'.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    I haven't done a hard reset yet, mainly because I'm too lazy to reinstall my apps >.<

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    08-10-2012 03:20 PM
    have you check the ease of access settings in settings system? If its on somehow turn it off. Maybe that will cure your problem.
    08-10-2012 10:25 PM
    Tried everything. Boo, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do a hard reset.

08-11-2012 05:39 PM
    Tried everything. Boo, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do a hard reset.
    Annoying, isn't it?

I'm a few months in to owning my Lumia 900, and I'm starting to get many of the frustrating issues I had with my old Omnia 7. I'm pretty sure a hard reset will fix most of them, but I shouldn't have to be resetting my phone every few months because of bugs in the OS that can't be fixed in any other way.

I do love WP, and the Lumia 900, but I'm more than a little concerned that, with WP8 on the horizon, support for WP7 will be wound down and the likelyhood of these annoying issues being resolved becomes less and less.
    08-13-2012 03:42 AM
    If you're doing a hard reset anyway, have you thought about flashing the official tango rom from Nokia? I do feel it fixed a lot of annoying little things.
    08-13-2012 12:52 PM
    Definitely thinking about doing that very thing, phirefly.
    You know, a hard reset wouldn't be such a pain if restoring your Windows Phone was as easy as restoring your iPhone. Sigh..lol

08-13-2012 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD