Lumia not talking anymore =(

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
With speech on and settings on Bluetooth and headphones, I used to enjoy listening to music and be alerted when a text or call came in. It stopped about 4 days ago. Now if I have a wired headset plugged in, it doesn't interrupt the music nor even alert me of an incoming call or text.
What's more, using speech to launch an app or start a phone call no longer gives me the confirmation message of 'calling so and so'.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I haven't done a hard reset yet, mainly because I'm too lazy to reinstall my apps >.<

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
have you check the ease of access settings in settings system? If its on somehow turn it off. Maybe that will cure your problem.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Tried everything. Boo, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do a hard reset.

Annoying, isn't it?

I'm a few months in to owning my Lumia 900, and I'm starting to get many of the frustrating issues I had with my old Omnia 7. I'm pretty sure a hard reset will fix most of them, but I shouldn't have to be resetting my phone every few months because of bugs in the OS that can't be fixed in any other way.

I do love WP, and the Lumia 900, but I'm more than a little concerned that, with WP8 on the horizon, support for WP7 will be wound down and the likelyhood of these annoying issues being resolved becomes less and less.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If you're doing a hard reset anyway, have you thought about flashing the official tango rom from Nokia? I do feel it fixed a lot of annoying little things.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Definitely thinking about doing that very thing, phirefly.
You know, a hard reset wouldn't be such a pain if restoring your Windows Phone was as easy as restoring your iPhone. Sigh..lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial