Yahoo calling Lumia 900 a flop

Stan City

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo! Finance - Financially Fit

First of all I couldn't be happier with my 900. The device is bright and responsive. I even think with a few tweeks my camera is better than iPhone 4s. I use it everyday at work and it shows great detail and colors. I really think it takes someone who understands this OS and all Mobile OS to fully appreciate what we have here.

Moving on to the subject; Yahoo finance says the Lumia is a flop because it didn't kill the iPhone. Say What? Here is the goofs twitter page. https://twitter.com/FARNOOSH

Have fun if you wish!

Cheers, SC

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
What does Yahoo know. Ask Siri. Oh, that's right, they censored Siri. Never mind.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Did the software glitch in reality lead to "plummeting sales" as the host put it? It was remedied relatively quickly, and the $100 credit salvaged Nokia a lot off goodwill. I have been under the impression that it sold better than anticipated. After all, there were shortages for a while, weren't there?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo is just mad that Microsoft didn't give them 900 billion dollars for Yahoo. Then they got even madder when Bing came along and is doing alright.

BlackSmythe

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow Yahoo!................I thought it was dead. That was a poorly researched article. AT&T likes it, T-Mobile likes it and Nokia's on the rebound un like Yapooh;)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking my 900 quite a bit! Especially now that I figured out I had a bad wall charger that was causing the issues I had with the Lumia. I only use yahoo to check my spam mail account. Hmmm, maybe I should consider a new outlook.com email for web stuff?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well it's kind of hard to argue both ways.

As a Windows Phone it sales where certainly not a flop, for Nokia it was a bit of a flop as they came nowhere near at even holding their old sales.

There is also some hints of the Lumia 900 being rushed (like it was as Nokia themselves admitted that the device was made in 8 months, rather than the usual 12-14 months) like on Lumia 800 that was just N9 with added capacitive buttons eating 2 inches from the original 3.9" screen size.

That said as somebody who buys around 3-4 phones a year, my Lumia 800 has stayed as my everyday no nonsense phone since it was released.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, not sure if this is new or just the first time I noticed, but I pulled up Bing and the butterfly background is flapping it's wings... animated search engine baby! Suck it Yahoo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon