Tango now available for AT&T and Canada

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I wanted Tango was for Internet Sharing. I have a 3gig data plan with AT&T. Anyway I updated to Tango and tried to turn the sharing on. It says I have to call AT&T :( I suppose they want to screw me some more.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting the notification every time I plug into Zune and keep getting error 80180048. I updated to tango a few weeks ago via the cab files with no problems.

Help???!
=[

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I wanted Tango was for Internet Sharing. I have a 3gig data plan with AT&T. Anyway I updated to Tango and tried to turn the sharing on. It says I have to call AT&T :( I suppose they want to screw me some more.

yeah, I think it is $10 extra per month, but hey, you get an extra gig of bandwidth.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

You need the 5GB plan, that includes tethering.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Btw, aside from the OS and firmware, the radio was also updated to 2.1.74.22 from 2.1.75.10 (L900 out of the box).

Oh, and the iHeartRadio, WiFi always on still works.

Btw, you can attach ringtones to a text, but only those you created or downloaded. And I tried a few different videos (720-High) and 20-21 seconds appears to be the limit. When I tried 24sec, I got an error.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

aspj111

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have problems with the update? I get to step 6 of 10, phone restarts than an image of the phone with a usb cable going to a pc appears on my phone screen and the update seems to stop. Any help would be appreciated.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have problems with the update? I get to step 6 of 10, phone restarts than an image of the phone with a usb cable going to a pc appears on my phone screen and the update seems to stop. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using a desktop or a laptop?

In Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus Controllers>USB Root Hub, double click each Root hub and then click Power Management. Make sure the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.

aspj111

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a desktop or a laptop?

In Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus Controllers>USB Root Hub, double click each Root hub and then click Power Management. Make sure the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.
Desktop

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same situation. I was trying to update using a netbook and a $.99 usb cable :)

Switched to a full-sized PC and a quality USB cable, and it updated without issue...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the same situation. I was trying to update using a netbook and a $.99 usb cable :)

Switched to a full-sized PC and a quality USB cable, and it updated without issue...

If you are using a laptop or netbook the following will help:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Which USB ports are you using: front or back?

Try the setting I gave:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't remember the step number (6 or 7) but the actual update install (8773 and Firmware) showed no indication anything was happening and took a good 10-15 minutes for 8773 and nearly 10 for the Firmware. I was getting nervous but then things started moving. Update 8779 went real quick.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Didn't have any problems and had indications through all the different updates. May want to be sure there isn't a background process running, like defrag or virus scan.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

You know the complete BS about all this? I'm NOT even with ATT!!!! This is the EXACT reason they should have NO PART of the testing process, because their "testing" involves inserting a shim between the user and native functionality on the phone. F THEM!

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I was updated to the 5 gig plan for only $5 more per month from my old plan and this included the tethering option. The offered this during the rollout of the Lumia 900 and glad I purchased it since I use tethering quite a bit when I am on the road.

From the update point of view my phone updated yesterday as a guest account on my work machine with no issues. It took about 45 minutes and received all 3 packages. I really like the flip phone over to silence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb