Edge/3g/4g Network Selector post-Tango update?

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a 900 and so does a friend. I did the Nokia Care suite full flash and lost the options, my friend did the standard update process and still has the 2g toggle. Toggle ENS is gone on both phones so the update unfortunatly fixed that work around. I'm tempted to flash backward with Nokia care if that is possible, do the work around to get the option back and then do the standard zune upgrade path to keep it.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
ok... Downgraded via Nokia Care and did the workaround and got the options back then upgraded via Zune and they are still there so I got my options back :)

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So that we are on the same page.... The latest update from AT&T/Nokia removes the ToggleENS option. If you do the hack before upgrading to the latest then you keep the hack and have the "Highest Connection Speed" option but you still loose ToggleENS. As far as I know the only use we have for ToggleENS is the get the connection speed setting so if you want the connection speed setting Downgrade via the Nokia Care Suite and do the hack and then upgrade via Zune. You will lose the ToggleENS after the upgrade but you will keep the connection speed setting. This will erase all of your data.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Ouch... Luckily, I rarely stray from an area with strong LTE coverage now that the company put the kabosh on travel, and the battery is acceptable enough to me to get through a day of average use. I'd be more upset if I couldn't use LTE but still had to pay the price in battery usage. Glad to hear there's a way to get it back if folks really need it, though.

mbob

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Due to AT&T service at my house I could really use this switch. Can someone shoot what version of Nokia Care I need to find and some quick steps?

I did find Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.12.5.3 but would like to verify before trying anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786