Phone shutting of at 5% after Tango?

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I have never had my Lumia shut off on me and I have gone down to 5% many times but it did today.

I was starting to panic not knowing if it would start backup again or not. I plugged in, it lit up and showed the battery symbol for a couple of minutes and then booted up just fine. :)

I am wondering if this is a safety net due to the complaints about not booting up after a completely drained battery.

Anyone else notice this?

Anyone want to try? :D

Thanks much :)

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking this is part of the tweaks to help with the problems of not booting up when there is a full drain. For Windows, this is normal to do, it hibernates at the default 5% to prevent a deep drain. Drains that are deep are pretty harmful from what I can understand to Li-on batteries. Anyways, were you able to drain less than 5% before is what you are saying?

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes I was able to. I think the lowest was 3% and the phone didn't shut off.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have never had my Lumia shut off on me and I have gone down to 5% many times but it did today.

I was starting to panic not knowing if it would start backup again or not. I plugged in, it lit up and showed the battery symbol for a couple of minutes and then booted up just fine. :)

I am wondering if this is a safety net due to the complaints about not booting up after a completely drained battery.

Anyone else notice this?

Anyone want to try? :D

Thanks much :)

Yes, this IS becuase of the Tango update. I just completely drained my battery about 30 minutes ago. And instead of the phone constantly trying to boot you get the "dead battery" logo for about 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds before it will try to boot.

Here are the release notes:
"There are also enhancements to the performance of the startup sequence - most notably providing a more reliable boot sequence following a full depletion of the battery"
From: AT&T and Nokia begin rolling out Lumia 900 OS update for Tango | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss