Tango Update Disabling Internet Sharing (Rogers Canada)

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
So I rolled back my firmware back to 8107 and now I can't even get the 8773 update anymore.. anyone else can't update now? Hope that just means that they pulled the update to try to fix it..

Then again, knowing Rogers, it probably just means they're pulling the update and deciding not to support the phone anymore :p

WPFisher

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
So I rolled back my firmware back to 8107 and now I can't even get the 8773 update anymore.. anyone else can't update now? Hope that just means that they pulled the update to try to fix it..

Then again, knowing Rogers, it probably just means they're pulling the update and deciding not to support the phone anymore :p

I had the similar problem! I installed the new firmware, but had trouble opening the Marketplace properly. So I did the "Restore to previous version" using Zune. When it restored, it got rid of the the new firmware, but it kept the 8773 tango update. So, now the purple hue is back, no flip to silent, and when I plug the phone into Zune, no update available!! I've been on the phone with Rogers and Nokia for the past five days, and no one knows or can help me with this problem! What should I do? I want the update back!! I hate the purple hue!!!! Should I flash the phone? Sorry for the stupid question, but is "flashing" equal to Jail beak? And if I do it, will I get the future updates that Rogers or Nokia would send?:blush::straight:

kar.siy

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Internet Sharing works now!!!

Hi All,

Followed following sequence:-
1. Update phone.
2. Reset phone.

Now internet sharing works!!! :)

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Finally gave in and flashed my phone to 8779 and everything is working fine now. Reinstalling wasn't as much of a pain as I thought it would be..

The guy from Rogers that was troubleshooting the issue with us on the Rogers forum went quiet about 2-3 weeks ago.. makes me think that Rogers is just going to play the stay-quiet-and-hopefully-our-customers-will-forget approach

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Finally gave in and flashed my phone to 8779 and everything is working fine now. Reinstalling wasn't as much of a pain as I thought it would be..

The guy from Rogers that was troubleshooting the issue with us on the Rogers forum went quiet about 2-3 weeks ago.. makes me think that Rogers is just going to play the stay-quiet-and-hopefully-our-customers-will-forget approach

Ya, that was me who restarted that thread about the firmware. I sent the guy my info and haven't heard a damn thing. I will flash the phone if I need to, but I don't use the Internet Sharing. I was just pissed that it wasn't working.

When the time comes and I need it, and they haven't released 8779, I'll flash it.

kar.siy

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Internet sharing works

Do not take updates of "Network Setup".
Internet sharing worked previously and when I took updates of it, internet sharing stopped working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb